Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm hoping someone does a nice write-up of Mierce for instance and why you should stay the hell away or what the risks are of getting involved with the guys that do Dystopian Wars.

I know it's distracting from the cool kids posting about hugboxes and safe spaces and poo poo but I'm interested in these. The last I remember of Mierce is that they were owned by the same dodgy cunts who ran Maelstrom and pulled a lot of shady stuff that more or less amounted to stealing customer money, not paying suppliers and then using some shell companies to hide from the repercussions. What's happened with them since? I'd also like to hear about Dystopian Wars since I remember that coming out but didn't hear much about it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Not a viking posted:

Is it ok to follow the drama and make fun of the game writers and community in the same way one would make fun of reality show participants?

A friend of mine from the club that came over last night for an infinity game told me about his forays into AoS.

Apparently there is a tzeentch (auto correct changed "tzeentch" into "recent change" :aaa: ) daemon list that just has shooty horrors that literally sit on the table edge. Because of the way tlos works, players are expected to just not being able to hide anywhere.

Also, please tell me about the "skryre fire" list :allears:

I don't know smashing amounts about AoS but this seems like the kind of thing players could solve themselves by putting actual terrain on the board instead of the classic WHFB "two hills, two woods, random other inconsequential thing."

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Not a viking posted:

How many war gaming forests have you seen that actually block line of sight? How about hills that block los to anything taller than a goblin?

None and lots, respectively, although I made the hills myself for exactly that reason. No one would play Infinity on Planet Bowling Ball so I'm not sure why GW gamers seem to be unable to cope with the idea of putting down solid los-blocking terrain a decade after it became relevant.

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I agree TLOS modeling for advantage can die in a fire. Especially when it gets to ridiculous territory such as "well I have my flag hoisted real high, obviously I can pole vault up that and shoot.

What kind of pussy puts up with this?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TTerrible posted:

Who does this. Who has a list of weights for GW kits.

No one in real life

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sign me up

• Locked thread