Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Not a viking posted:

Oh cool the Death thread is back!

I hope this iteration has more interesting discussions and gossip from the industry and less "no YOU" and (un)ironic "GW is cool and good" to troll the "hug box".

Corvus Belli:
A Spanish company with a sci-fi skirmish game that launched its third edition some two (?) years ago. The rules and web based army builder is free, with background books and physical copies of the rules available to buy. Money is made by selling relatively expensive models that you don't need that many of (technically). Model count is 10-20, but most players have a lot more because we like versatility and the models are pretty. No silly heroic scale. Comes with a robust tournament system that is updated each season (year) with new missions and tweaks to old ones. Very objective based, meaning you can lose your entire army and still win the game, black ops style. Has some game mechanics (order resource pool, Automatic Reaction Orders) and A LOT of special rules that takes some time to master even for veteran war gamers even though the core rules are very logical.

Notable games: Infinity. Has a sci-fi RPG spin-of and a board game spin-of that is going to be launched in June this year.

Boneheaded move:
They keep putting out new profiles and models no one asked for, even though they are far behind in the production of models that have had rules for years.
Many of their female models have a certain "cheesecake" feel to them, with a lot of T&A (the worst part of the manga inspiration).

I keep thinking they're improving, and then I look at the tech-bee and those TAG pilots...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Not a viking posted:

I didn't even know MtG had lore except the blurbs on the card :v:

Behold!

Last I checked, they were in Not Egypt getting ready for Dragon-Darksied's return.
And earlier, Jace made Cthulhu table flip!

• Locked thread