Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
Runewars miniatures game: I'm really enjoying it, but this slow launch does NOT appear to be helping the game. I sort of observed the same thing with Armada when it was coming out and I guess it didn't die in infancy? But it's real tough to get people on board with it when my pitch is "it's like a warhammer fantasy style game, but with only two factions, and those each only have like 3 different units, and local stores aren't doing a very good job of stocking it but it's gonna be GREAT honest" Also, sculpt quality aside (I tend to agree that they're generally meh though there are some standouts like the golems and graboids) I've been disappointed in the CAST quality - mold lines are pretty bad, not well hidden, and whatever plastic they're using does not trim very well.

Good game though, assuming they don't gently caress it up.

edit: Oh right, the "buy models you don't want to get cards" thing. The only thing they've "committed" to is that all upgrades available to a faction will be packaged with SOMETHING in that faction. So if I want a few copies of the upcoming "piercing strike" card for my knights (a plausible scenario) but have no interest in using the crossbowmen it comes with, it ends up still being a bad distribution model. Locking critical game components in with the miniatures is still scummy, proxy all day every day.

MCPeePants fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread