Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

Hello Death Thread my old friend. Learning and discussing constructive things in the context of stupid mistakes can be fun and educational Schadenfreude. See also the OSHA and/or Bitcoin threads (though i haven't kept up on the latter for a while)

I'm not up to date on Fatal & Friends but is that full of Fatal fans whining about the thread existing as well?
No but threads that are supposed to make fun of gamergaters/alt-right people always have literal nazis come into the threads to complain about bias. Which given GW games all having heavily fascist themes makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hamshot you have never even once engaged with actual arguments against you only your perception of the tone of those arguments. Tone policing is itself a logical fallacy. You have never once contributed a single legitimate point as to why a given point is wrong, only that it hurts your feelings. All you have done is signaled to everyone that you want a safe space to love GW.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Radish posted:

I really support GW just leaning in to making the game just something fun for its fans (my friends that still play really like it) rather than trying to have official tournaments with a game that isn't really designed for it.
I don't have a problem with fun rules, but actually fun rules also tend to be better balanced rules. Same way I'm okay with cartoons being for kids, but if I need to watch said cartoon while looking after my cousins I'd prefer it was well written.

Also people being assholes is exacerbated by imbalanced rules, not discouraged by it. 40k has the worst player base of any tabletop game bar adults who still play Yu-gi-oh and Nazi players in WW2 games.

• Locked thread