Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

FrostyPox posted:

I liked Spartan's minis and the Dystopian setting, but this news is totally unsurprising to me.

It always seemed like they could never focus on a project and would make a new game, half-complete its model line, then let it sit around gathering dust while they made another new game and maybe revisit the first one many, many months later.

I was especially frustrated with the fact that Dystopian Legions got one big launch, withered on the vine, got another, smaller batch of minis that was mostly two new factions with barebones model lines.... and then never got anything else despite being the factions in the new 2-player starter set.

It's almost like having five or six half-baked product lines is not a good way to run a company! Hopefully a less clown-shoes operation will pick up the games.

Pretty much. I get the feeling that people have been losing confidence in Spartans ability to support their new games so are looking elsewhere.

It sounds like the ill health of a director led to them shutting down before the money totally ran out. I guess they have been struggling to operate without him else they might have tried to keep it going a bit longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I was not aware that GW's studio has a three year lead time. I would have guessed they were working 12-18 months ahead of releases. I wonder if that is just the sculptors working on designs?

Just think, GW were probably sitting on the big Marine designs for over 2 years before dropping the bombshell.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I get that licenced ip's need long spans of time (AvP) to get through approvals and that even non-licenced stuff takes time with kickstarters often taking 18 months or more to deliver. But three years for a company that does practically everything in house working exclusively on its own IP? It's longer than I thought.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

There is a difference between 'this doodle has been in a sketchbook for 3 years' and 'this design has been in the pipeline for 3 years'.

GW are in the position of putting out new hard plastic kits every month (is it actually weekly? I don't watch their calendar that closely) though so a longer pipeline than a company who is releasing every few months is understandable.

• Locked thread