Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Hello thread, quick (sort of related) question. I'm working for a cultural association and we do a few shows a month, and we're thinking of improving our lovely mixer to something that is actually useful. It has come down to a choice between the XR18 and the Soundcraft UI16. I've worked with both before, hate both their lovely interfaces whatever, but didn't have much time to explore the UI16 and there's something I can't really figure out online. Is it possible to get a multitrack recording with it, through usb using the rack as an interface? I know it is possible with the XR18, and we like to record our shows as best as possible, so I'm leaning towards it (also it has more outs which is cool).

Cool OP, OP, been working for 5 years and I've learned many good things. One amazing tip I got from a greek technician: always beware of someone without talent, they will invariably be the ones to give you grief. And the opposite is also true, the "best" musicians, the ones with the most passion for what they're doing, will always be the most easy going and helpful people you can meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU