Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'd love to hear about the x32 line. I play guitar in a 4 piece electronic outfit, and we've been considering investing in an in-ear monitoring setup. We don't play anything big enough that we'd be getting a dedicated monitor engineer, so the thought is to get a mixer that would fit on our rack, and set up consistent mixes that we all trust. Plus, we figure it means we could probably rehearse in a shoebox. The x32 rack looks like it could run the show for us, covering both monitors and outputs, particularly if it can recieve automation instructions from Ableton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

Edit: I also have about 6 years experience mixing live musicals at a major regional theater, for what that's worth. Musicals are kind of their own particular brand of madness and I'd be happy to share what I can about that too.

this is a really useful serious thread right now, but i always love hearing war stories, if you wanna elaborate