Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolange
Sep 27, 2012
College Slice
What a timely thread!

I'm finally getting out of my studio (read: bedroom) to inflict my terrible synthing on the world beyond a few close friends. I'm looking for something relatively compact I can use to both record random practice/garage-jams (preferably with built-in mics) as well plugging a feed from a soundboard into it and recording the inevitably embarrassing open mics and other gigs. I don't care about multi-tracking or built-in effects or anything like that--I just want a compact flexible portable recorder that can record a couple hours of stereo audio and is easy to operate.

Something like this seems perfect (if a bit overly feature rich):
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H6

Is there something better or more appropriate I should be looking at? $350 is pretty much the top of my budget and I see there are smaller versions available. Basically just want some reassurance and/or hands-on feedback that I'm barking up the right tree here while I look at the various Zoom/Tascam/etc offerings...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU