Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Hey Stagehand/Sometimes Audio guy here. Working my wait up the IATSE Local 15 list doing corporate and music gigs in and around Seattle. Most of the time I just end up running cables and help setup the Audio gear, but sometimes I get to run little mixers during corporate events. I hooked up with a friend who I worked with on events who runs his own little audio company and now I get to mix for church bands sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Meat Prophet posted:

Mind expanding on your experiences a little? I live in the area and I've just gotten into live mixing. I'm currently working with 2 bands and filling in a few bars and smaller venues running house sound when the normal guys aren't there. I'm particularly interested in how stuff like equipment is handled. I don't have my own gear or the capability to haul it at the moment.

Also, if it's not too personal, are you making enough to live off of, and if so, how long did it take working to get to that point? I love the work, and if I could make it a full time thing I'd be very pleased with that.

You'd really need a full time audio position to make a living and get a lot of hours. Or been working in the union for years to get enough seniority to get a lot of hours.