Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
Freelance engineer chiming in from Austin, TX. I've been here for a year, worked in NYC for 6 before that. Total of 10 years in the business. Ask me about:

- How the "live music capital of the world" sucks for live music
- Getting practically laughed out of the room for requesting a $350 day rate at the top audio company in Austin (the low end of industry standard)
- Regretting moving my career here because Texans with sun-fried brains are willing to work 18-20 hour days outside for $250, so why should I get paid any more than that? (If you're keeping up with the math, we're getting awfully close to $10/hr)
- What's overtime?

I love audio, I love sound, and nothing excites me more than quality and craftsmanship as it relates to both, but I need a new job :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU