Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, here's a quick funny story, not funny haha but funny what the gently caress are you doing.

My kids band played a decent-sized venue on Saturday; there were a TON of bands playing (12? 11?) so he was pretty rushed switching out mics and getting levels.

However.

Dont know if you can tell from this image, but he put the guitar amp mic right between the two 12" speakers:

The sound guy had me dime the amp trying to get a decent sound. Around the 4th song I realized the mic was placed wrong, I told him I'd shift it. He never adjusted the volume, so we went from tinny guitar to ALL guitar. Fairness to the sound guy, he was stretched pretty thin on that show.

Just - keep that in mind when you're gigging.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU