Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hey, this is my first time doing this. The pick of this week is:

White God (2014)

Direction by Kornél Mundruczó
Screenplay by Kornél Mundruczó, Viktória Petrányi and Katá Weber
Cinematography by Marcell Rév
Edited by Dávid Jancsó
IMDB Page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2844798/

Summary: With her mother and stepfather going to Australia for three months, a young girl has to move in to her estranged father's house, and gets in conflict with him due to her attachment to her "mongrel" dog.

This movie was a big surprise for me when I saw it on a film festival last year. Came in expecting to be a sappy story and instead found it to be incredibly brutal, raw yet genuinely emotional.

From the Staff Picks Archives
January 31st, 2017: Cure
February 7th, 2017: Westfront 1918
February 14th, 2017: John Wick
February 21st, 2017: Red Sorghum
February 28th, 2017: God of Gamblers
March 7th, 2017: The Autopsy of Jane Doe
March 14th, 2017: Perfect Blue
March 21st, 2017: Spring Breakers
March 28th, 2017: Cemetery of Splendor
April 20th, 2017: Parallax View
April 27th, 2017: Right Now, Wrong Then
May 02th 2017: Stalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't had much time to watch stuff not for class/research recently but I've been meaning to see this for ages and it looks really good. Ill definitely make it a priority this week.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm going to watch this this week as well.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking i might get around to cure soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

thinking i might get around to cure soon

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody else wants to make a thread this week go ahead. I have some ideas in mind if no one else wants to jump in and suggest something.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

If anybody else wants to make a thread this week go ahead. I have some ideas in mind if no one else wants to jump in and suggest something.

ive had the itch to watch some kurosawa fr a bit, maybe red beard or high and low?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

ive had the itch to watch some kurosawa fr a bit, maybe red beard or high and low?

Sounds good, I'd watch pretty much any Kurosawa again except for Sanshiro Sugata Part II

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cool, ill pick one and pput up a thread tomorrow sometime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No one watched this movie fffuuuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Most of the time I don't even watch the movies I pick myself , it happens. But it's on my list and I will watch it soon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

no ones even posted in mine lol. sht happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I liked this poster more: