Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm agreeing with dreesemonkey: 20mph kind of puts you in the zone where an electrically assisted bicycle or this scoot would work. $780 brand new is pretty drat cheap, but I'd be worried about longevity at that price point being that good batteries and motors/controllers on e-bicycles can cost that much alone without the wheels, frame, and everything else. Also, I'm going to second the test ride before purchasing, as 500w is a really small motor, and if you do need to pop over to an area that doesn't have dedicated bicycle lanes, having pedals to help push you along would be a godsend in keeping up with traffic.

Also, do you have an idea where you're going to store or park it during the day when you get a job in Montreal? Though they're more money, a folding e-bicycle would allow you to bring the bike into an office to charge alongside a desk (and keep away from the less honest folks in the city). Same idea with no plates, no insurance, no problems there but you could also pedal like a madman and go 30. Or upgrade the hub motor to a 1kW model and scare motorcyclists. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread