Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Question for Quake vets: How does this compare to Quake Live? I haven't had much luck finding representative gameplay videos from players who aren't borderline retarded so I can't tell how it actually flows. All footage I've seen make it look way slower than QL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Got it through the humble monthly. All I want is TDM with all weapons/unlimited ammo/no powerups. Abilities can be disabled too. So far, Quake Live (and even Ratz) is better.

Sidenote: It takes way too long to get a new match. Add a rematch option or something.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Xenaero posted:

I'll give them credit, that's far less boring than what I'm doing. Sitting here and hoping some company comes to their senses and makes an arena game that doesn't suck.

Ratz is pretty good (and currently 90% off): http://store.steampowered.com/app/338170/Ratz_Instagib/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

BJ came with the Humble Monthly code. Not sure if it's still possible but I got Clutch from a reliquary back then too.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The number of stuff you have to do to get the daily bonuses have all increased, ugh

5 stopwatches now, 2 wins, etc.
I rarely play due to the ridiculously long queue times but I thought these get harder the more you clear out.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Of course, but still. I'd rather wait longer to get the mode I want.

You could even let people queue for both, although that'd require features that maybe their network can't currently handle. But then that's on them.
CS:GO did it ages ago. You just checkmark the maps you're willing to play and you're then queued up for whichever one is available first. They could implement the same thing except for game-type.

EDIT: They also need to stop kicking everyone out after 1 match. Let people leave if they want obviously but otherwise defaulting to rematch/map vote and allowing folks to jump in mid-game would alleviate a ton of wait time.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 31, 2018

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Had $5 free Steambux so I grabbed the starter pack. Have enough quake coins for 1 more champ and will likely have enough favor soon for another. Which character should I grab if I plan on playing InstaGib & CTF primarily? Been looking at Visor. DoomGuy was fun too but I'm wondering how well his utility will hold up in those modes. Already have QuakeGuy, Scale, Clutch & BJ.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

Visor or Death Knight.
Thanks! Yeah Visor owns (have the 3 day free rent thing from the $5 pack so got to try them both).

This game owns now. Queue times are lower, removal of the bots was a great idea, zero lag/performance problems that I've experienced. Had a blast last night and actually placed 1st & 2nd regularly mainlining instagib matches. They add CTF and I'll be a happy camper.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

syncerror is the least irritating person on those streams but he always has the facial expression of an infamous chomo who's just been transferred to gen-pop.
Oh weird, I played with this dude last night. Didn't know he was a dev.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Housh posted:

I haven't played a FPS on a computer in a while. I noticed my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse kinda suck (mainly membrane keyboard seems terrible) any recommendations for decent KB+M?

https://www.daskeyboard.com/p/prime13-mechanical-keyboard/

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-600

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

The only thing I'm worried about is never being able to play private/custom matches. What the gently caress?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Just to confirm: if I don't buy the champions pack now, will I never be able to play on a custom server? Is there any news about this? I couldn't give a poo poo about having access to the entire character roster but private/custom matches are a pretty big deal.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Thief posted:

joe has also specifically talked about fatal1ty iirc which is kinda funny

has joe rogan ever specifically referenced fps doug

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Longest Yard owns

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I put in a ticket and I got hosed. They said tough poo poo. I posted about it in the thread. :smith:
I got it after sending a ticket and I don't think I even did it right.

If it makes you feel any better, the fact I missed getting a ushanka for Visor will haunt me forever.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Twitch stuff. Not the end of the world, just saying that not everybody who puts in a ticket had a great experience :cheeky:
I went through Twitch customer support and then the dropdown directed me to select it was regarding Amazon loot drops. I got a "we don't handle this poo poo" email from Amazon, then another one that said "please respond if this hasn't been resolved" (which I did) and then the Twitch bonuses were suddenly added into my game a few days later.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

For the F2Pers did they change the favour price of each champion? I could have sworn it was a flat 250,000 but today it showed 50k/125k/250k after i picked up three of em, and the next one showed 250k again
Fuuuuuck, I've been wasting favor on backpacks since it would take literal months to hit the 250k again. Overall great change if they did but poo poo.

Also, I'm predicting now that Athena will be MASSIVELY overpowered in CTF (assuming they keep abilities in).

EDIT: Just hopped in and yep, it's 50k to purchase, welp.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 12, 2018

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

ndub posted:

it's a bonus for owning one of the wolf games
You sure?

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/p/november_2017_monthly

quote:

"Quake Champions delivers the dark mythos of the first Quake combined with the groundbreaking multiplayer mayhem of Quake III Arena, with a major modern twist – Champions. These fierce warriors each wield unique attributes and abilities, enabling players to compete in their own distinctive style, while adding an additional layer of strategy to the game. Includes Ranger and BJ Champions, 50 Shards, 100 Platinum, and 2000 Favor."

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I somehow have scalebearer's lore outfit without having all of his lore scrolls
We all do. 50% reward for October Slipgate event.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Champions Pack is $20 right now. Finally broke down and bought it.

Now to open up a billion backpacks with my saved up favor.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

So is there any of the 3 boxes that we should be opening BEFORE the 20th? Or just hang onto everything until after the change?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

really good rollout

great timing too

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

There's no reason to log-in daily anymore, right?

I mean, aside from the obvious joke here.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: You can finally buy the Ushanka for this dead game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

hip hop posted:

I played QC and it was great. I played Instagib mostly. I'm done with it for now because of queue times.
Yeah until they let you pop in mid-match and default to rematch after the round, it takes way too long to get into a game and is pretty much what killed the momentum in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

It WAS super popular but it dropped off as soon as they removed the daily rewards and introduced their dumb battlepass. They brought back the daily bonus but it's too late now.