Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Nyx and Anarki are super close to CPMA style movement especially Anarki with strafe jumps. The lightning gun is a little overpowered right now and the rocket launcher feels like absolute dog poo poo but the shotgun and rail feel pretty good already.

Kind of sucks there's no Plasma Gun right now for corner climbs. Overall the trail weapons just feel weird and unfinished along with 80% of the rest of the game. Also, set a frame limit of 165fps otherwise the microstuttering is unbelievably terrible but that almost might be the incredible memory leak the game develops in 3 matches, but it is a Bethesda title so a memory leak is expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Playing this game is the equivalent of texting with your ex girlfriend from high school then meeting up and her turning out to be 40 pounds heavier AND THE ROCKETS STILL DONT loving WORK

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Libertine posted:

I really liked the game play but had the client crash or time out so many times and the loading and really early game lag was really bad.

The client crashes are mostly decent now, I still don't understand how the game memory leaks as consistently as this one does after 3-4 games it basically becomes nearly unplayable with a 6600k at 4.5ghz and a 1080 ti dropping to 30-40fps due to memory leaking. It's a really unbelievably lovely beta so far, this thing feels like very early alpha stage and not "pretty close to release play-testing beta" phase.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I just had 4 perfect Duel's in a row, and mother fucker if that did not just immediately send me back to CPMA days. Any y'all that wanna duel add me: wohsho

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Doomguy IS VERY VERY FUN TO PLAY AS. Berserk after a double jump basically sends you downward at 200mph and it is incredible for over the head ambushes.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Jose Mengelez posted:

still getting massive framedrops on full servers regardless of detail settings (slightly less frequently though), still maxing out all four cores of my i5. can jump around an empty map on ultra settings with no drops now though, so that's something.

fully working LG is nice as hell though and keel's a lot of fun to play.

I was going to post the same thing, I'm on a 7700k at 5ghz and a 1080 Ti and this thing at "High" on 3440 is dropping to 20fps at moments. Zero titles I've ever played have done this.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Andrigaar posted:

I got position 450 or so two nights ago. With the Steam version still maxing around 10K players, this is starting to look like an extended early stress test.

That said, the game feels much smoother than it did a few months ago when I last played. However I still get plenty of weird hiccups and stutters. Not that it's holding back my full potential or some crybaby poo poo, but it sucks to die when you see one or two enemies across a room, hiccup, and suddenly be staring at the death cam and the two characters having moved a very considerable amount. Even with all of the settings at the lowest (unless setting things to low still causes framerate issues).

But overall it feels fluid to bounce around the map and die while blasting rockets everywhere :allears:

The hiccups and stuttering I don't think can be fixed at this point; they've tried to address the desync and stutter thing in the last three patches and it's made no noticeable difference -- high ping, and by high ping I mean effectively anything over 70ms makes your movement and overall framerate feel like absolute poo poo and movement based traits for all the lights end up being really useless on public servers.

I really hope they can figure this out because it's going to alienate a lot of casuals from this.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

kaschei posted:

Too bad there are people who will gamble hundreds to get a plasma gun.

$60 so far trying to get it, I did in that period get almost every single unlock I wanted for my 3 and pretty much every weapon skin but the plasma.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
this game is perfect ok

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I love Quake when I'm good at it.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

MJBuddy posted:

It has anticheat.

You're kidding, right? 90% of the "Compile your own aimbot" poo poo available on the internet works for QC along with 2-3 dedicated clients that are pretty easily found.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Jose Mengelez posted:

lmao if you dont stop to teabag everyone you gauntlet.

Honestly, how can you play quake if you don't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I opened 155 backpacks without knowing the animation bypass and got motion sickness.