Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I am still irrationally-upset that Shamblers are now confirmed to be covered in fur tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I can't wait for Brother Chen from Splash Damage's smash-hit classic, BRINK.

Oh and whoever the gently caress you were in Rage.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Decided to toss a few bucks at the Quake Champions comic. The first issue is essentially a cliffnotes-version of Quake, told between panels of Ranger clowning on other characters and staring at his photo keepsake. Couple things of note:

-Despite his wacky armor, Ranger apparently hails from modern-day USA, with Polaroid cameras and backyard barbecues.

-Keeping with id tradition, Ranger without his gear looks an awful lot like the Doomguy and BJ.

-99% sure that the unannounced character DeathKnight shows up in one of the flashback panels, surrounded by shamblers with his back to the reader and holding a nailgun.

-Rocket jumps look absolutely stupid outside a videogame format.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Where's my fukken 'classic mode

Also when's Dangerous Dave coming

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I am literally waiting until classic mode is released since all of my steam buddies refuse to touch the game until the class abilities/stats are removed.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I honestly love the game but I'm just really salty that the devs STILL haven't thrown in an option to remove abilities and stat differences for dumb purists like me, or even just a mode that forces mirror-match characters.

There remains a significant chunk of my friends list that refuses to touch the game because it "reeks of overwatch nonsense."

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Hiro Miyamoto

Active - Daikatana, which uh...lets him go back in time? I dunno, I guess it could turn him into Overwatch's Genji for a little bit.

Passive - Save Gems; Dead players drop gems that Hiro can pick up and use upon death to spawn at the location where he died

Passive - Bitchmaker; Splash damage radius increased by 50%, self-damage increased by 100%

Alternate outfits can include his training-bathrobe from cutscenes, and his original model ported straight from the engine, complete with grotesque, undulating vertex animations. Also they could toss the ULTIMATE GAS HANDS in the game as a gauntlet skin.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
"Cool game; I'm gonna shelve it for now and come back when it's finished and more feature-complete!"

-Famous last words said to Unreal Tournament 2016 Quake Champions

I could've sworn the game was doing well, though? Does QC even have anything for competition in the "fast-paced arena shooter" market?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Social Animal posted:

Not really but then again some people can debate if whether such a market even exists. If this game didn’t have the Quake name on it would it have even gotten the amount of players it has right now? It’s a really old style genre and very tough to make work in today’s gaming world. Didn’t Lawbreakers tank day one?

I could've sworn the FPS E-sports scene was still healthy with the boost from streaming services and a larger audience. I must be way behind the times now.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Where's vanilla mode matchmaking, dammit?

Like, okay I get that queues are the future and server browsers are for old squares now, but nearly all of my old Quake/Unreal buddies refuse to touch the game because of abilities and the stench of Overwatch that comes with it, and shoving the "no abilities" option to custom games with no way to easily arrange them sucks major rear end.

I dread that this demographic is larger than I suspect and that the QC team is shooting themselves in the foot by continuing to shove custom games to the wayside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

MJBuddy posted:

Abilities were toned down to utility purpose in November and there's a no active ability mode in permanent rotation for the last month.

Holy moley, I'm genuinely happy to be wrong for once (can you tell I haven't touched the game in a while yet?)! Maybe this'll convince some of the old gang to give the game a chance.