Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

this game has been laggy af for me every time i've tried playing it, and I've gotten dc'd for being idle while actively playing. I don't know what the deal is, its literally just in this game. also the nailgun sounds like poo poo compared to the quake one.

edit: also also the shambler head being furry is blasphemy. john romero has always been wrong about that. a large number of the monsters in quake are based on SANDY PETERSENS ILLUSTRATIONS FOR THE CALL OF CTHULHU PEN AND PAPER GAME INCLUDING THE DARK SPAWN AND THE SHAMBLER WHICH WAS FLABBY AND GROSS AND NOT FURRY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

abraxas posted:

Man, glad to see the wonderfully non-toxic, non-rear end in a top hat Quake community moved on from QL into this thread apparently. You people need to calm the gently caress down.

Also of interest: The netcode in this game is really lovely (countdown to Zaphod42 making GBS threads a brick starts now). But since I don't know poo poo about poo poo and am an amateur and only speak annecdotally about the non-existant netcode issues, have this reddit post instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/6azgkk/psa_upload_is_tied_to_fps_causing_massive_lag/

TL;DR version: The higher your FPS in game, the more upload bandwith QC will use.

Admittedly, not purely a netcode issue but it could help some people in this thread (as I saw someone complaining about lovely lag and disconnects earlier in the thread). Also an awful design and explains a lot of the rubberbanding I'm experiencing in game, both for myself and for other people who apparently have 30 ping but still jerkily teleport around me making it nearly impossible to land a goddamn hit on them.

lmao that explains why my ping randomly goes from 30ms to 255ms and I get disconnected for being idle while actively playing the drat game. my PC is poo poo hot but my internet sucks.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

all the gun designs look like friggin exercise equipment and they sound terrible

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I wonder if Strogg Infiltrator will be Bitterman

BITTERMUN

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

this game has lovely hit detection and they should go back to everyones hitbox being a box thats the same size. that's what the quake 3 gameplay was balanced with.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does this feel really weird and laggy to anyone else? I'm fine in like every game but this, even with vsync on i just get random lagspikes and there's an overall feeling of like, lag on my inputs. it's not other people glitching around, it's just hits taking forever to register and a delay on stuff I do. It's most noticeable on the active abilities.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

fadam posted:

Game feels fine to me!

yeah thanks very helpful

everything moves naturally on my screen except for some rubberbanding, but the hit detection is waaay off. I have more luck shooting the shotgun to the side of people than at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

at least it seems to not just be me. but it's a pretty big problem, as right now friggin overwatch is a more satisfying fps experience, and that's bad