Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Pomp posted:

I hope that there's never anything more powerful than ranger orb in the game because I don't want anything to detract from the power up control and movement at the heart of quake.

Who are you in QL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

cougar cub posted:

Just saw on the beta forums that the lead designer is SyncError, the old QLive / Q4 community manager. That's really too bad - he is the type of guy who thinks zooming in with rail is an "interesting gameplay choice!!!!" Also I think he is a polite holier-than-thou dick from his Esreality posts over the years.

He's a loving moron. He's who dropped the ball on Quakelive for like 10 years straight. Every terrible design decision in Quake has been spearheaded by that guy which is why I wonder if this game will be successful.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Nobody is cheating in this game guys. You sound like you're on ESR.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Feels 100x better to be playing with accel again. Thank god.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I actually didn't think I'd like duel but it is by far my favorite mode now. Coming from QL it's just so much more laid back.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I dueled Stone for the first time today. I didn't realize it was possible to hit over 30lg in this game let alone loving 37 percent. That hurt.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Next character is the guy from new Wolfenstein and he duel wields every gun.

Watching streams and this looks so bad rear end.

QC still kind of sucks for duel, but man is it fun in every other gamemode.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Orbb, one of the coolest models in Q3 but almost nobody played him

If you jump with him you find out why.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

That poo poo is getting really old. Some games it feels great, others it's garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Social Animal posted:

My coworker and I already went back to QL duels. The flow is just much better plus creature comforts like picmip, green keel and other settings.

What name did you play under in QL?