Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The game is obviously far from perfect and there are other, better Quake games to play, but this is also the first time in a while people have actually given a poo poo about Quake. I can deal with dumb MOBA and Overwatch poo poo if it means an actual player base will stick with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there going to be a wipe before launch?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Any news if there are rewards for beta players?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What champions do the pro-Quaker people play? How do they feel about my boy BJ?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What are people's problems with the current 1v1 mode? The one friend I have who actually plays Quake seems pretty indifferent toward it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEcxEJlDzQ/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah poo poo did I miss a Twitch prime skin for the RL?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How do I get past the quad damage part of training? There's a big orb I can't damage and a locked door.

EDIT: If you're a moron like me and ignored the training text, you have to color coordinate your damage.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 23, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I get that there's a lot of stuff in this game that people dislike, but man even a damaged Quake is still a ton of fun. Quake might be the thing I love most that I'm worst at.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently there's still problems with air rockets doing zero damage.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, they really should have released the Free-to-Play version at the same time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Game feels fine to me!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

stradiwari posted:

Is there a list on steam startup parameters yet? I've heard of max fps limiter and disabling of weapon models, but have seen no evidence of this yet.

Both of those sound amazing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Not being able to buy them is weird. I just assumed that the red Good Boy Points you get from dupes were used to buy them permanently.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ketchup and Mustard are really good at commentating this game. I'm glad they've expanded out of just doing NRS stuff.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

stradiwari posted:

Give it some time first. There are many gameplay and fun improvements coming, like new gibbing system, CTF, global leaderboards, new champions... And they are working on improving the netcode.

They could do all of that with a significantly higher playerbase if they had just released the F2P client too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/quakechampions Voo vs Clawz finals coming up!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm sad Voo lost, but Clawz winning proves that you don't have to have been playing Quake for twenty years to do well in this game.

Please don't gently caress this up Bethesda.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Is there a tier list for this game yet? I've seen this, but not much else and it's also an old list too.

Are Scalebearer and Clutch good characters? Clutch got buffed but Scale was not changed much. It seems from the big characters selection, Sorlag is pretty much the best.

This weekend Sorlagg, Anarki and Nyx got picked the most. I think they're all pretty good except for Doomguy and BJ, which is unfortunate because they're the coolest characters in the game imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

That's pretty much why I haven't touched TDM apart from the first couple matches and have literally never even tried the sacrifice game-mode. Team-based games are so annoying for me now that I don't even want to bother with them. It's like playing a fighting game, except sometimes your character randomly can't block, or you'll randomly just do a super at fullscreen, it's just an annoying lack of control that you can't ever account for, or have a great deal of difficulty dealing with when playing with strangers. These games are only really enjoyable with friends / online friends playing over Skype / Discord after the honeymoon phase has finished IMO, and I've always found it a bit baffling reading something like the reviews page for DotA2, and seeing so many complaints about feeders, trolls and generally having to deal with players that are doing a bad job. If you actually care about winning or having a good time, the first thing you should be doing is cultivating some people to play with.

I really hope QC gets more maps and fixes the netcode issues soon though, it's pretty fun. Makes me wonder why the new UT game has been in limbo for so long, I feel like it's been in the same mostly-complete state that QC currently is since last year. Maybe more, because I can't ever remember having any problems with the netcode when I played it. It was super-solid all around and I really liked that they put out maps quickly by releasing them as un-textured forms ASAP.

I agree with literally all of this.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't see how it's any easier to hitscan in OW than in any other game other than some of the characters have bigger hotboxes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are the limited time shaders (like from Spring and Christmas) ever going to come back?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This Lore system is very confusing to me. What do I actually have to do to get the badass lore skins?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cacodemon hat and Plasma Gun on sale bless up.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How'd you get them for free? Just lootboxes?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently if you watch the Quake Con keynote tomorrow you'll unlock some exclusive in-game stuff.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4gx...ource=Community

I just found out they did the same promotion with the Bethesda keynote at E3, but I definitely watched that on a Twitch linked account and didn't get anything. I really hope I don't have to make and link an ESO account just to get the three reliquaries lmao.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 9, 2018

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That finals was a blast to watch. This game deserves to be more popular than it is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pretty cool that the guy who won both duel tournaments back to back is 20.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't think so, some of the best Street Fighter players are old as hell

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ended up buying the whatever pack for $20 to unlock all the heroes and future heroes and the game is a ton of fun. Grew up playing a ton of Q2 and UT2000k and it's nice having a fast paced game.

How are player numbers? I haven't had to wait too long for que, but I hope people pick it up. I've tried to get a few friends into it since it's f2p

According to Steamcharts it's like 2-4k ccu.

In a 4 stack I typically wait about 5 minutes between games, queueing for duel takes way longer.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

tbf it's not like the genre was doing really well before Twitch took off either lol

A game where it's really easy to get owned and there's no teammates to blame/get carried by is a tough sell now.

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 13, 2018

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My M4 and 5 are for Discord ptt and Zoom. Jump on mouse two/space, control on crouch, weapon binds on 1-5 qerc.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MysteriousStranger posted:

You're doing it wrong. The beserk was never good for killing people. The ace in Doom Guy is double jump is one of the best passives bar none. The thing about berserk is not for killing people, it's that you can fly around the map and pick up all the items really drat fast. Off spawn, this his hilarious for getting all the good poo poo, it's amazing for plucking an item out from under someone, and it's also aces for bailing out of a fight you can win grabbing a bunch of health and then running back.

View it less as a berserk and more of a speed hack.

I just tested this, and can't you get more speed out of just regular strafe jumping with double jumps weaved in versus just running around in berserk? I was capped at 500 UPS while berserked, but I could average like ~530 out of berserk and my movement is pretty bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I don't know how my rank compares to the average, but Duels rely far too much on abilities IMO.

Yeah, if a Visor kills you and has his ability up, he basically gets a second kill for free if he has any stack at all. That and BJ being able to steal frags is dumb, but I find duel so fun still I don't really mind.

A good suggestion I heard is that when you spawn in, instead of your ability being ready to go it's only like halfway charged.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He seems kind of like a BJ-lite where you can pop your ability to get a huge leg-up in a fight that you would otherwise lose 100% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, basically imo a Quake where I get killed by a Visor then he uses his ability and immediately kills me again while I'm getting a weapon but actually has queues that fire is better than no Quake at all.