Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
If they can make nails emit particles effects, that'll be enough to make it comparable to the plasma gun. Nail gun does seem to shoot faster though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Will the released game have all the different characters unlocked by default or do you need lootboxes for those too even if you paid full price for the game?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

The Kins posted:

I think the buy-the-game option includes future characters. I know they gave me all the heroes during the NDA period, and also got BJ.

I really hope so, but with the current trends in the industry, I don't really know what to expect. The full game could still be riddle with micro transactions but ad long as they're for cosmetics, it's fine. But I still highly doubt it'll be the case.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So if I shoot someone in the crotch, should that instantly gib a character?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

A.o.D. posted:

Think of it this way, you're potentially gibbing millions.

What if he's got Balls of Steel(Tm)?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Once I get my awesome PC rig I'll jump into endless mode. Sounds super fun.

They priced the first pack pretty well.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This game can look good in the right hands. But boy, they need to do a lot of work to make it stand out.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

big nipples big life posted:

Where can I see this?

Yeah, I'd like to ses this too.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Is there a tier list for this game yet? I've seen this, but not much else and it's also an old list too.

Are Scalebearer and Clutch good characters? Clutch got buffed but Scale was not changed much. It seems from the big characters selection, Sorlag is pretty much the best.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I want my boy Sarge back. And Bones and Hunter too.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Clutch deserves better.

Like the band.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It's actually pretty surprising seeing a giant robot like Clutch moving around faster than BJ Blazko, a man capable of mouse moving through Wolf 3D at lightning speed.

The cast could use some more variation in the future. The cast is a bit small.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
What's a more effective way of strafe jumping? I can get up to 500ish on QL, but I still don't know how people can get up to 600+ from their second jump. Is it related to mouse sensitivity, frame rate or both?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

cougar cub posted:

A grapple character and CTF, why don't we get less original and stale?

I'm coming into the game from a fighting game background and I always use grapplers, but I don't know how this would even work in a FPS. I would've figured Clutch would fit the archytype perfectly, but he breaks the rules for a big character.

Edit: unless the AMA meant 'grappling hook' then ignore what I said.

kaschei posted:

Neither, unless your sensitivity is so high you can't do smooth controlled turns. Maybe if your FPS is below the game tick rate you start losing out? But I just went from not having a dedicated GPU to having one and it doesn't feel like it affected my ability to accelerate. May be some weird poo poo in QC I don't know about, though.

The way to start fast is to circle jump, strafe jumping accelerates you in the air but moving in a circle (forward + strafe while turning in direction of strafe) makes you move faster on the ground. I think 320ups characters like ranger can make it to 400+ without leaving the ground. Make sure your circle jump is sound before worrying about strafe intricacies, it's the most important part of going fast and you should be doing it all the time.

There's a moving target you want to aim for that gets further from your line of motion the faster you go. For maximum velocity in a particular direction you wiggle around "forward" but never rest there (until you hit speed cap). Advanced strafe jumping is having more than 1 beat per jump (alternating 3 or 4 times) and is hardly ever useful while in a match unless you are trying to beeline uncontested to an objective (or now maybe away from Nyx).

There are tons of tutorials on YouTube, but all the tutorials and descriptions in the world aren't worth 2 hours beating your head against the start of a defrag map.

That did it. Not sure why non of the YT tutorials couldn't explain the process properly. The official QL one even worse.

Getting +400 from the first jump now, thanks a lot :hfive:

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 2, 2017

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

cougar cub posted:

Yeah, it's a grappling hook not a buff Russian. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZcaHIrbNI

I would've liked a grapple hook wielding buff Russian flying across tunnels as a character.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
For those that purchase the game from Steam, will they be getting entire roster and thdn some or do they have to level up and unlock all the champs too?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

big nipples big life posted:

You get the whole roster unlocked when you buy the game.

MysteriousStranger posted:

And any future champions as well. You do have to unlock cosmetics.

20 quid for everything sounds like a swell deal, really. I already bought it since I never know how long the game will stay alive and I want to play as much as I can.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Centreview all guns.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Sdoots posted:

I really do think it would be cool if they let us configure it on a per gun basis. I'd love to have some things centered, a few things to the right, rails straight up hidden, etc.

Street Fighter has an interesting feature where you can individually choose the dub of a character (English/Japanese).

Having a list of what guns you'd want center-viewed or not should be a nice feature.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Quake is hard. Be prepared to die a lot, but it's a good idea to start with beefy champs first and start learning to move around.

I understand people hate learning curves and games requiring difficult entrance skills, but for Quake, it's justified. But anyone should be able do it with some practice and fit into the lower-mid skill level.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The shotgun is one of the best starting weapons.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Pomp posted:

still no classic duel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's all about that KOF style 3-v-3 team select, coupled with a demo showing how to play the game on NeoGeo arcade stick.

Embrace the change.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It might say 12Gb, but it's much smaller than that. Dunno how it is on Bathesda launcher but Steam is most likely going to be the ideal platform to play the game on.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Keep your girlfriend until they patch this game into a better one. Hopefully without the goofiness.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'd love to see way more maps than what's in the game right now.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Quick edit: If you haven't played in a while, the most important thing to know is that the lightning gun is rear end now, so much so that the heavy machinegun and nailgun are now useful

Nailgun and heavy MG needed more love.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Ban Blood Covenant and release bikini packs for five bux, give toggle options to centre weapons and character announcer packs. I know what I'm talking about.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The Clutch shield really needed mixing. It was bullshit when you could just get shot through it when actively when blocking.

Again, the game still doesn't feel complete. Too few maps. Ofcourse, it's stuck to the servers and who the hell knows how long it'll stay alive. Again, once I get my new rig I'll get right back in.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The game is not a lost cause, it's still good, it just desperately needs more stuff. Rough corners and edges, but still great.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Who's the new guy?

Also, is this game multi-core-processor friendly? Got an Intel i9 18 core don't know how well itll run alongside the GTX1080.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So Keel is the Doom Revenant. Seems like you can shoot the should mounted launcher twice.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Decided to pick up the QC comics and they're decent for promotional material.

Hopefully, they'll finally explain how everyone is getting constantly respawned over and over.

Still waiting for my new rig but until then I'm guessing the patch will be fully out and ready.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

The Kins posted:

Never explain respawning. Ever. Otherwise you get Unreal Tournament 3. Do you want Unreal Tournament 3, Kitchener?

Okay, completely disregard that question. Now, please let me forget UT3.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Keel is a cool character. Really defensive and probably useful for certain modes like Gahena.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Been playing couple matches. Very very rare hiccups during matches with the rollback, but overall Im running everything on Ultra and everything looks great.

Is Ranger slower than average or something? I can't change my direction from a strafe jump and maintain my speed. Haven't tried Visor yet.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It takes a while finding matches. They've been pretty good so far though.

Edit: nevermind. Blue screened on an i9 GTX1080ti.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 27, 2017

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I thought BJ was the slowest character in the game, but apparently it's actually Scalebearer.

Doomslayer is still really fun.

Pomp posted:

randomly at the end of a match

literally the only way they could have made it worse lol

That's like two steps forward with the patch, one step back with this and the drop system.

At least I get stuff every now and then from random drops for all the characters, but it's pretty meh. Obviously, it's a lovely F2P ingame economy.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It's Bathesda and it's gonna be lovely. So far, my drops have been pretty good, but I'm waiting for the next patch where all we get are common or uncommon drops and 10% chance of getting post-match lore drops.

Either way, ignoring all of this, the game is getting better. Anarki is still really strong, Clutch can fly into space now, doomslayer is still good and fun and Scalebearer is kind of lovely. Managed to do a Scalebearer charge through 5 people once and it was worth the it, but the buffed health and armour really doesn't help. He's good for sacrafice.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The things missing from this game right now are more maps and more modes. I try searching for Sacrifice and I can't find anyone in EU. It's mostly DM or TDM.

Edit: also is it just me or can Clutch see a hidden Nyx through his shield? She comes out as a white outline. That's pretty good if it's the case

Jose Mengelez posted:

I'll be happy if they just go easy on the cosmetics, nobody wants another tf2 where everyone's some kind of neon pink and green meme clown.

A little too late for that *comes out as WWII purple rain santa*

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 28, 2017

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Actually males him a pretty good pick for duels, esoecially as a counter-matchup against Nyx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gunder posted:

Since picking this game back up last week, I've been getting into DM and TDM matches after about 30 seconds of queueing with the filter set to queue for everything. Today I got into my first Sacrifice game and now I can't get anything else but that stupid mode. When I set DM TDM only on the filter I get 5 minute plus queue times compared to an hour ago when it would pop for DM or TDM in about 20 seconds every time. It's like no one wants to play DM or TDM all of a sudden.

I think it may be the opposite reason; everyone is playing DM and TDM and the servers are keeping a lot of people in the queues.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong. Check and see which servers you're connected to. I'm in the UK and I'm connected to Frakfurt and Russia.