Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

All my duels are really one sided. I'm either against someone whose only fps is overwatch or I'm getting stomped by Rapha or carnage or w/e

I really like Slash's crouch sliding. I never played quake 4 so its new and fun to me

I wish I could turn ambient noise down and I wish we had plasma instead of super nailgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Oh yeah the new duel mode kinda sucks. In the classic duel modes it's not a big deal to be down 3 frags because there's usually time to make a comeback. If you're down 3 frags in quake champions you've lost a round. I guess they changed things because it's easier for new players to go 0-6 in 3 minutes than 0-30 in 10 minutes but all the experienced players I know think it's lame. There used to be a variant on duel mode called Hooneymode which was just like a regular duel except when someone got a frag all the items and players respawned (you switched spawns every frag). I always thought that mode was good for new players because they get a clean slate every frag and will eventually get some items. Meanwhile experienced players are okay with it because it still allows for comebacks.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

MG is probably the best

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The super shotgun is basically quake 3 shotgun, and I like having that be a pickup and not something you start with. Thing is, most maps don't even have a spawn for it :shrug:

every map has a spawn for every weapon

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

If the rockets are better after this the game will immediately feel 100% better to play. I'd still like to see more maps and less ambient noise and waiting around for matches. Also fewer lg spawns on sarnath and burial chamber

also make slash spawn with 100/25 again

Ahhpple fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 26, 2017

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Net master is 1000 damage in one life. You get a medal for 5000 damage in one game called Damage dealer

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

at least it seems to not just be me. but it's a pretty big problem, as right now friggin overwatch is a more satisfying fps experience, and that's bad

Lets not say things we cant take back

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

They might have more health and armour than you or they might have better aim. Don't run in a straight line or take a jump pad against someone with an lg. The tribolt is okay for spamming without having to use rockets and you can do a few jumps with it. It's definitely not a staple weapon so don't feel like you have to hunt it down every spawn

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

You can get them from chests or reliquaries if youre lucky

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I do agree that there should be a better way to unlock champions permanently as a f2p player but what can ya do

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Raine better not be the guy from rage.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I got slash twice, visor, sorlag, doom and bj. wish i could give the f2p players some of my luck

I'm level 17 and also got some free chests from watching quakecon on twitch

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I've been in a few situations where I've felt I died due to champion choice but I've never felt like I lost a game because of it. In Duel its a bit more important though. The champion differences are pretty mild overall compared to Overwatch or whatever class-based shooter youre familiar with. We'll probably never see a popular non class-based shooter for the next couple of years, so this is as good as it gets. Unless you wanna play Reflex with me, then add me on steam and we can duel forever

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Hell, if saying Overwatch is easy makes me bronze, then bronze I am.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

got this in humble knowing nothing about it other than i used to love quake.

fire it up, oh look i can be quake guy of wolfenstein guy. i guess i can't access anything else cause i havent paid for it. thats cool, its just aesthetic, right?

takes over three minutes to find a game. get in, i know im poo poo but im hitting guys and seeing numbers but theyre not dying. im dying. a lot.

persist for half an hour with only one frag to a million deaths. i know im poo poo at games but come on.

weapons are piss weak and unsatisfying. theirs dont seem to be. oh wait i can buy this poo poo?

looks like i only start with enough in game cash to buy the cheapest loot box. i get.... a pair of pants.

quit. uninstall.

seriously?

Lol.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

The game is more fun than it was before. All the changes they mentioned in the last dev stream are good, especially being able to unlock characters forever with favour. Also the deathcam won't show you your opponent's stack in competitive modes so that's nice. I wish mapmaking tools were in the works but I've accepted that it will probably never happen.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

The downtime is easily the worst part of the game, it should dump everyone in the map voting screen when the match is over. Better yet just put everyone in warm up mode for 30 seconds while a vote comes up on the side of the screen. Press F1 and F2 to pick the map.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Speaking of the next patch: https://pastebin.com/bXZG9Jt5

Stack changes, tribolt changes, rail always deals 100 now

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

So now f2p players get ranger, scalebearer + 200k favour from the tutorial, and a weekly free champion. Three characters and almost enough for a fourth, and more importantly they can play duel right off the bat

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I’ll play reflex with anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Hey all wouldn't it be crazy if everyone here started playing Reflex... just a weird thing to think about lol