Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Galena is only gonna see play in a compete squad who coordinates to move as one as a murder ball and drops a totem after each fight. As a solo queue pick she'll be like any other healer picked solo in a team game hot trash

Placing the totem as a tripmine outside a teleporter is incredibly obnoxious, expect to see that a lot in casual games.

Zaphod42 posted:

I expected newbie players who don't know that jumping is a faster way to get around. What I didn't expect were newbie kids who have never played CTF before in their lives.

You get the skull and you bring it to your base its not rocket science guys :doh:

The problem is there is no 'base' exactly. Whoever gets the first skull gets to decide which obelisk they play for the rest of the round. That's what causing the confusion among new players. You only get to know what your 'base' is once the first obelisk is activated, which is very poorly communicated within the game.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think the reason you're allowed to pick which obelisk is yours in Sacrifice is that you can pick a location that works better for your team and can give you a big advantage over choosing which you want to defend based on your teams strengths. I think as people get used to the mode first capture is gonna be very hotly contested cause of that

It seems like it might give you too much of an advantage, especially on Burial Chamber. The obelisk next to the red armor is just an impenetrable fortress with just a couple of tiny choke points you can attack it from and ample high ground and resources spawning in there for the defenders. If you can get the first obelisk activation on both rounds, it feels like there's very little the other team can do to come back. I think it would be much more balanced to have both teams start with a specific obelisk, then flip it between rounds. Then for the possible tiebreaker have it work how it does now.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
You can permanently unlock champions through loot boxes. You get 1 chest (low chance to get one) every 1 account level and 1 reliquary (decent chance to get one) every 5 account levels.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Stupid question but how do I talk all in this game instead of just my team?

enter+tab

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

This game badly needs an auto-switch weapon hierarchy ala Unreal Tournament. As far as I can tell it's just on or off when picking up a weapon.

Not really sure why this would be worth any effort to implement. Can't you just use weapon switch binds?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Starting shotgun would be decent if the pummel didn't deal 500+ DPS. When you're already up close, there's no reason to not just go for the humiliation.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The company doing the promo videos for this game accidentally put out a map trailer early : https://vimeo.com/219015308
Moving platforms and buttons you can shoot to drop people into pits of acid, very quakeworld-y.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
24/7 open beta with custom lobbies, 3 new maps and spectating is live right now. As soon as they announced that people can play right now bethesda.net crashed, so I guess there are people out there looking to play some Quake?

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/62542/quake-champions-beta-e3-patch-notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The best part of the e3 patch was where they made the gauntlet completely broken again