Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
TDM sucks

Edit: Spawns are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
So what starter weapons do you guys use? I use the shotgun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousStranger posted:

Leaks show Doom, Sarge, Bones, Klesk, and an unkown as incoming players.

Got a link?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Should I pick up the all characters pack? I've been wanting to learn about Quake but I always end up wanting to go back to Halo. Is there a point where the game just makes more sense or should I skip Champions and go play Quake Live?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Social Animal posted:

There's a Scalebearer pack for $5 that gives you access to the game. I'd just do that first to see if you even like the game. You will be able to buy champions with the ingame favor currency starting next patch I believe.

I have some free thing so I always have the Quake guy. I feel like I'd enjoy Duel mode? In every other mode the spawns feel random and nobody seems to know anything. I get bopped cause there's no health to pickup.

Also quad damage? Really hate it. No idea how you'd deal with it in duel.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, punching the poo poo out of people with Doomguy is great.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 14, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

My favourite thing to do in blood covenant is wait underneath the quad spawn at the slipgate that leads directly to the quad, pop berserker, jumping through a second before it spawns, then just punching anyone at quad damage on the way out.

There was this Anarki that wouldn't stop throwing his team under the bus, and the game winning kill was me donkey punching him as he flew in front of me

Great loving times

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any good control layouts for guns? Realizing that rockets, lightning and rail might be the most important weapons has me confused why the controls are the way they are.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This game keeps putting me in 2v2 games where I don't know what the gently caress is happening and the other team somehow is spawning with railguns and max stack?

It's kinda rear end trying to learn this game tbh

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing casual in North America. I feel like. I'm just being matched up against godlike players when I shouldn't be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Got my first duel win. The guy I was playing against gave me some info that really helped me improve my positioning. I had fun playing Quake! :)

Edit: I won again! gently caress the lizard

Edit 2: gently caress the turret guy

Agoat fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 1, 2019