Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zaphod42 posted:

All the base characters are free, and I have to hope that's the intention for the final game too. I think the point of renting characters is to have NEW DLC characters, like Rainbow Six Siege, which you can purchase for $5 or you can unlock with grinding. Its a pretty successful business scheme. Siege doesn't even give you the option to rent and I don't mind.

If you have to grind to unlock each champion that'll straight up ruin the game. But as long as all the "base" champions can be unlocked free/instantly/quickly, then it doesn't really matter at all.

If one character becomes OP everybody'll use that character because there are no class limits, this isn't Overwatch. If everybody wants to play Visor, everybody can play Visor.

You can't buy characters at all with the free currency. You can only rent them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Only Ranger, better known as Quakeguy is gonna be free.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man, the lag's real bad this week, half the time my lighting gun doesn't even have a shooting animation.

Anyway, just found out the hard way that you can't load into DM with a friend. 0/10 throw this game in the trash where it belongs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

There's a known bug mentioned in the patch notes where the lightning won't render if your target is out of range.

Ah. Well there's that, but there's also the fact that the game is a jittery mess this week. Hope they iron out those servers soon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yodzilla posted:

This game badly needs an auto-switch weapon hierarchy ala Unreal Tournament. As far as I can tell it's just on or off when picking up a weapon.

Yeah, I thought autoswitch was a standard feature, but as far as I can tell it was only ever a UT thing?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Make 'em superheated nails, please both sides.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yodzilla posted:

Very much so yes.

I just downloaded the new UT again after a bit to try the new mode and, uh, I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. The weapons all feel way better than Quake Champions but it's kinda ugly and I felt so goddamn slow.

UT's always been slower than Quake, but I'm surprised because I really like the look of the new UT game, WIP though it is. Especially compared to UT3's aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ChickenHeart posted:

Where's my fukken 'classic mode