Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
Spent an entire day playing as crusader chick.... partly because I got some of her epic gear out of a random box and partly because I've never seen anybody play her... she's not "bad"?

I only bothered with sacrifice but she's pretty OK, and her heal is often an "I get full health now gently caress you" button if you are alone.

Dunno, but I'm rotating between her and Visor now, though I have a soft spot for the Lizard... and I will totally spend real monies so I can wear an egg while I vomit on people.

EDIT- Also this game is the first one that's made me ditch the high speed Artisan Hayate OSU pad and go back to a Steelseries QCK+ to make my shots, which is certainly something. It's also pointed out to me just how loving horrible at aim, movement, and other core skills things like Overwatch make you. There is shoot mans and then there is Quake.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Whens the next beta period start?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

cougar cub posted:

That's a rather lovely set of patch notes. Tweaked spawn system, changed scoring in sacrifice.

Calling it now that the current state of the game will not change much for release.

Hopefully the rocket delay fix is actually decent.

Game is still fun. I haven't had this much of a blast in ages but I am an old who grew up on this series so.....

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Bloodmobile posted:

The company doing the promo videos for this game accidentally put out a map trailer early : https://vimeo.com/219015308
Moving platforms and buttons you can shoot to drop people into pits of acid, very quakeworld-y.

It's down :( another link?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Thank you looking good!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

So... jump on as soon as I get home, whoop!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

air- posted:

Well yeah, if you're in a party. I near exclusively play TDM and I was queueing alone all morning. Same former teammates and players on the enemy team would rotate back and forth, so matches were even more hilariously one sided.

You quit to early. We didn't have this problem, me and EnteranceJew had multiple great TDM and Sacrifice matches. Both of us had on fire moments with rail and in general poo poo went well. poo poo our last three Sacrifice games were loving epic.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Also if you aren't on discord get on it. Easy to pick up a partner for games, and we've had a few rotating 3/4 stacks. Game is much more fun when you can laugh at your own failures, have multiple people timing the quad, and screaming and yelling when someone runs the wrong way with the soul.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

Is it mostly North American peeps?

For now yep, I think waters is Euro though?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Love Stole the Day posted:

My experience playing Quack Champions today:

You need a prettier dolly... ERUOPE!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Andrigaar posted:

Updated with the new patch: 12GB download, but hangs at loading screen.
Verify files: 16GB download queued.

gently caress you, Bethesda Launcher.

Hah! That happened to me as well on both computers! Oh well, will try to play shoot mans tonight.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Leaks show Doom, Sarge, Bones, Klesk, and an unkown as incoming players.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Agoat posted:

Got a link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/6h0uxm/leaked_screenshots_of_future_characters_and/

Links in the discord as well.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

cougar cub posted:

gently caress bones so hard, better not be an almost invisible player model

he's a death knight in armor

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Sdoots posted:

I love the idea that this just gets even more absurd with the characters than Q3 did. Embrace the Super Smash Brothers model of "what characters do we own? gently caress it, their in".

I want the eyeball from Quake 3, with the upgrades to be different retinas and colors, and my vanity items to be a top hot and a monocle.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Finally got in and hit detection feels MUCH better.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Also with custom games and the two voice channels we have we can do internal TDM/Sacrifice games now.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

twitch.tv/quakechampions is having a showcase now

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Heran Bago posted:

The global chat profanity filter blocks out "her" even as parts of other words like t***e, ot*** or toget***.

It's an excuse to get really creative with your cursing!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Game is still fun, I still find matches though yeah it takes a bit. It needs a full release and an injection of maps TBH. I'm in discord now if people want to get their frag on. I'm game for any gametype.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

The Kins posted:

New Dev Q&A Answers

Some of the hot points summarized:
  • Immediate work is being put into performance, netcode and stability, with further-out work relating to more tutorials, training maps, UI/UX improvements and "progress loops" to keep players coming back every week.
  • Clutch will be getting a new passive (hydralic dodge) and a second-stage to his active (Plasma Mining Drill) to give him a little more mobility and power.
  • Hitboxes, for the most part, are lower-poly versions of the character's base, un-customized model, with some extra thickness or filling in where balance demands.
  • Speedometer coming soon, along with training maps and other such tools.
  • Super Nailgun getting a buff to match the stats of the QL Plasma Gun.
  • Replay system is in development alongside other spectator tools like a minimap.
  • Steam version confirmed, but will still use a Bethesda.net login. The only advantage is that you won't have to use their terrible launcher, but that's a pretty big advantage.

All sounds good! I'd ask for two more things:

1. Reduce the amount of Nyx can stay invisible.
2. Reduce the amount of tick damage Slorags vomit does.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

waters!!!!

EDIT- love has a picture around here where something like 88% of his kills were all rail with a 40%+ accuracy despite playing on a US VA server from Seoul Korea of all places, I think I went 40% 40% that match as well.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 25, 2017

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

It's been solid all day for me.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Heran Bago posted:

:what: : "Excellent."

:what: : "Impressive."

:what: : "Quad Damage."

:what: : "Ballet?"

:what: : "From the grave."

I know you have seen a lot of Quake matches in your day Mr. Announcer. To you this is probably mundane but for me going on a kill streak is super intense and gratifying. At least pretend to be enthusiastic.

Those aren't kill streaks, I got a few killing sprees, two rampages, multiple net masters, in a match with Love today. Announcer still sounds the same. You want the UT announcer who orgasms as she announces or something?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Knifegrab posted:

So I just started the beta, does it always take a calendar year to find a game? Is there really so few people playing?

No, not really. There are a few tricks though.

Some regions are more active than others and some data centers are hopping and others are down. Unless you are in a really active one (I'm on VA and the wait times aren't bad) check more than one data center and it will search multiples for a match.

Things are "slower" because of the huge tournament going on, again though impact of this is by region.

You can bypass all of this by playing custom matches. As soon as the map ends the owner just loads the next map. If you open the global chat and spam looking for game someone will pick you up. Just be aware every now and then you get someone who wants to play sacrifice only.

As stated, get on discord. If you already have your team there that's less searching it has to do.

That all said the Bethesda client is loving garbage and this needs to be moved to Steam asap.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

I'm in Europe right now and have no problems finding a game. Not going to lie I'm a little worried when I move back to NA that my Quake options will suck.

I'm USA East. Even with just the VA data center checked (I ping 8-16 to this one) it takes roughly 2-4 mins to search a match. I get pick up games through the chat, or some high level players who are on my friends list in their discord on the regular and you can get 5-6 games in a row with no wait times other than swapping people in and out if someone has to go.

More people should really idle in discord. If you have 4+ people it's easy just to grab people off the global chat and play that way.

@Love, where's that screen shot, from before the tenseko incident!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I tried this game over the weekend, only deathmatch in US East, Every game was Q3DM6, the abilities are meh.

It's a Quake game alright, but definitely doesn't feel different except for the stupid gimmicks each champion has.

Sounds like you had a bad group.

DM6 and Sarnath are by far the best and most popular maps. Burial chamber is very rail heavy so if you see heavy voting for this you can be sure the other team is good at it's rails. It's way too easy to lock down and then pummel someone into the ground. Lockbox is fun, but it doesn't run well for many people and the "gimmicks" aka the toilet bowl, top tower, trap floor can devolve rapidly as well.

The champions gimmicks are really kinda silly. The only problematic one is really the vomit which is spammish and broken. However most of the better players are rocking nx/slash/anarki with the odd ranger and visor. Of those the only obnoxious gimmick is nyx. For the most part this isn't an issue unless you get stuck in a game with a lot of vomit spam (which is worse on DM6 than any other level) or are playing against a nyx that outclasses you can just run away if you manage to light her up.

Love Stole the Day posted:

I'm so sorry dude but I didn't save the screenshot :c I just hit the button but forgot to alt-tab to mspaint afterward. :negative:

Noooooo!!!!!! I use nvidias option, saves to a folder with one button.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I'll be on for a good bit tomorrow and sat playing.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I am getting back into this after a few weeks away... and now with a 27" 2k 144hz monitor and a 1080GTX. Is anyone still playing?

There are still people, but the game slows down once the reset everything for a bit.

cougar cub posted:

Really curious to see what the steam player count is. Right guy now I'd bet that lawbreakers will be higher.

It needs more content and to quit resetting everyone.

fadam posted:

What champions do the pro-Quaker people play? How do they feel about my boy BJ?

Anarki and Slash mostly at the higher levels.

giogadi posted:

Just played my first Duel - I'm shocked that I actually won! Every time I tried to dip my toe into dueling in QL I'd get obliterated, which was fun too. I was assuming that everyone playing QC was already a crusty old pro at QL, but it looks like there's a nice influx of newbies for QC. Also, after playing a match of Duel I don't know if I can go back to DM, it's really addictive.

It's not just olds and a lot of the olds are TDM centric and duel changed a lot.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Pomp posted:

Neo duel loving sucks and killed any hype I had for this game

They can always add the old one back. I think it makes sense to have this one as an option because Quake Duel can be the most one sided FPS stomp out there.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

fadam posted:

What are people's problems with the current 1v1 mode? The one friend I have who actually plays Quake seems pretty indifferent toward it.

The entire pick three option dumbs it down and prevents the crazy sort of games you used to have. On the other hand it prevents turbo stomps of new players.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Still waiting for it to drop! We get the Steam client as well....

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

maev posted:

I chose veteren skill level and simply can't find a game at all.:(

Solo or in a group? I'm jumping in now.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Come on discord, play as a group!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

fadam posted:

I get that there's a lot of stuff in this game that people dislike, but man even a damaged Quake is still a ton of fun. Quake might be the thing I love most that I'm worst at.

There's an intense feedback loop when things are going well that makes all the sucking worth it.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Sdoots posted:

I want to play this so loving much but apparently the networking issues are even worse now? What the gently caress?

The issues got better all through the beta. By the end of it everything was butter for me. No lag, no latency, great hit detection, no complaints at all. Now it's rubber banding, delayed shots, wonky hit detection all over the place.

I'd give it a week or so because they did sort the beta out with time.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

BattleHamster posted:

I'm actually somewhat surprised there's 1000 people willing to fork over $30 and re-download the entire game again just to play using the steam client.

If you were in the beta you are in this however you got your stats and loot wiped and lost all characters but Ranger. I've got a pretty large friends list and I saw about three of them online. I'd give it a bit more time.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

They need to get the netcode back to where it was before this prerelease, use Quakecon to get some hype out, and then open the F2P to non beta players after.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

The Kins posted:

No locational damage. Railgun headshots will score you a medal, but that's it.

zoom adds damage now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

air- posted:

Looks like Rapha vs Cooller now :allears:

That was loving nuts.