Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm loving has a 40-100 ping while people teleport all around me.

It's not like I have any illusions about being good at FPS games, but the netcode and hit detection in this game are loving horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Yup. This is an informative post. A+ for successful anger management.

Will be nice to see how the game plays when it's not a stress test.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well if you believe anything Total Biscuit says, then you can join the inconsistent latency issues a portion of us had with extremely precise hit boxes on the models. No idea who he was talking to or what Tweets he read, but in his rundown video he claimed more than one old Q3 pro returning to try to beta had commented on the hitboxes.

His video also claimed you could go F2P with the rental/pay-as-you-go method, or buy it outright and not have to pay for any future champions. Like Overwatch.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Played two TDM:

-Got a servers full message and had to wait for 5-10 minutes to log in.
-Still took a handful of minutes to find each match despite there being no ELO/MMR.
and
-First match felt the same as last week, 2nd one actually felt good latency wise. Then it started to stutter for maybe a minute, but by then the top guy on my team had wrapped up killing everyone else and I alt+f4'd out instead of wait 3 minutes to load the main menu after the post-game.

Oh, and people in global chat are claiming that cheaters have already started to pop up. They were laughing since there's no ranking to climb, but said it's already begun.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
There's even a lengthy YouTube video advertising their UI. It's a rather elaborate system for cheating.

Went for 2 more TDM. Lag all over the place uneven again. But, the interesting part happened a few minutes ago. Me and another guy were just standing still and firing at each other: Nailgun vs. Rocket Launcher.

I'd just run up some stars and resigned myself to dying because a rocket was flying right between my eyes on the screen. Just stood there holding down fire waiting to die. Two rockets went WHOOSH through what looked like the center of my screen and didn't do poo poo. Then the nails, through some voodoo witchcraft, killed the other guy who was standing still also assuming I was hosed.

:effort:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Updated with the new patch: 12GB download, but hangs at loading screen.
Verify files: 16GB download queued.

gently caress you, Bethesda Launcher.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Heran Bago posted:

The global chat profanity filter blocks out "her" even as parts of other words like t***e, ot*** or toget***.

Reddit said the Bethesda forums said that "her" somehow relates to a Russian term for male genitals.
Can't find the Bethesda thread, but I found out that "pawn" and "nah" are censored too. Can't build a toxic community if everyone types in asterisks.

Also I have access to all of the champions now. This is new to me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The queue times keep getting worse for this game. That or I only have the itch to play at the wrong times.

Anyway, bullshitting around in global chat while waiting for a game, another person was shocked that the word "other" were censored, so naturally we all started typing horrible things at each other. First revelation was that "TOGETHER" in all caps wasn't slapped down by the censor. A minute or so later a few stumbled upon "gently caress" and "gently caress", and found other such mixed-case words got a clean bill of health too :effort:

I also gave up waiting for a game at 6 minutes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
That reminds me. They need to split the announcer and the hero volume controls.

I want to hear the announcements, but I have no desire to hear the character's chatter. Not that I've played more than 20 minutes in the past few weeks.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

fadam posted:

Game feels fine to me!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

yeah thanks very helpful

everything moves naturally on my screen except for some rubberbanding, but the hit detection is waaay off. I have more luck shooting the shotgun to the side of people than at them.

This exchange is this entire thread and the r/quakechampions subReddit since I got into the game.

The playerbase is also small enough that my -2 MMR rear end got into either a TDM or FFA match with Fatal1ty. Hopefully with the Steam release the game gets more exposure and the amount of players rises.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
How is this game doing? I haven't played in months and have been waiting for friends to pick it up when it goes F2P.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Wait, you guys got to try all of them? :argh:

Months ago I got a Steam key for the pre-F2P version from Humble Monthly that only included Blowjobovitz and Quake Guy. My roster options didn't expand this weekend except for getting Scale-bear-guy for playing the tutorial.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My red smear at the bottom of the Sunday night scoreboard already misses the influx of players from the past few days. Steam says there's 10 hours left on the free weekend, but it seems to be dropping back down to people unlike me who can actually track targets constantly.

Makes me cry: "Bads, join me at the bottom so we can accidentally kill each other!"

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I got position 450 or so two nights ago. With the Steam version still maxing around 10K players, this is starting to look like an extended early stress test.

That said, the game feels much smoother than it did a few months ago when I last played. However I still get plenty of weird hiccups and stutters. Not that it's holding back my full potential or some crybaby poo poo, but it sucks to die when you see one or two enemies across a room, hiccup, and suddenly be staring at the death cam and the two characters having moved a very considerable amount. Even with all of the settings at the lowest (unless setting things to low still causes framerate issues).

But overall it feels fluid to bounce around the map and die while blasting rockets everywhere :allears:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
USW, but I only play unranked TDM. Queue times are 3-5 minutes except when I get an instant match because the other 7 have already waited the 3-5 minutes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Have: Ranger, BJ, Scalebearer, and 250K+ favor. Doom or Sorlag or ??

And I've also found the announcer and hero chatter annoying since the Bethesda Launcher. But they only seem to get more annoying with time.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Q2 Railgun is the only fancy weapon skin I have.

Also this thread is turning into the Mobius Final Fantasy thread with all of the gacha talk.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I didn't finish the 14gb patch because I slowed it down last night :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I read comics on a tablet because after the first 50 lightning flashes I started to get a headache.

This would have been better.