Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

If everybody wants to play Visor, everybody can play Visor.

Huh? I just booted up the game for the first time and I can only use the ranger dude. The others are all locked unless I pay 5000 funbucks to rent them for 24 hours.

Game seems fun, but the best ping I can get is 200 which ruins it a bit. Yet another game that decides to put its Asian servers in Seoul, which means lovely pings for a large chunk of Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Right. Which doesn't matter if all the base characters are free. :v:

I mean I guess that sucks if there's DLC characters and you can't unlock them with grinding :shrug:

They're not free. You can only rent them for 24 hours a time, or pay real money to unlock them. Have you even played the game?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes, it's going to be Free2Play, with the one Quakeguy as the only playable character (and the others as 24 hour rentals.) If you buy it, they're all unlocked.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

50 KB/s is nothing though? Most internet speeds have 300-700KB/s upload if not way more.

You can't play on dial-up? Lol guess that's making GBS threads a brick. I just tested, dropped my settings so I was at 144fps (on a 144hz monitor so its for real) and have no issue with the upload.

Are you incapable of realising that your personal experience isn't the only relevant one? Your posts are so aggressively terrible that it borders on satire.

The game is going to be F2P and as such is hopefully aiming to draw a wide audience from across the world. It needs to retain as many of those players as possible to succeed. That amount of upload is far beyond what is needed for practically any other game, and a higher framerate requiring a higher upload is bizarre to say the least. Many people are on shared networks, or maybe don't have that amount of upload, full stop. It's not an issue in every other game, and it shouldn't be in this one.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hoepfully it's something that will be different for release, but for a game that encourages quick matches, it takes so drat long to get into a match. The client takes ages to start, then the game itself has to load, then you have to go all the way back to the lobby and do it again.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The more I play the more I just dislike most of the weapons compared to their Q3 versions. Nothing feels quite as good to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
ehhhh, a couple of rounds might be fun, but not fun enough to download another 12 gigs through the lovely rear end Bethesda launcher that somehow slows my internet to a crawl whenever I try to download something through it