Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
I hope they make a classic mode because I want to like this but the abilities and classes are loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

There's already a classic mode confirmed. But also, like... quake live and reflex arena already exist, why wouldn't you just play those if you're not interested in something with different stuff than classic quake?

I like the updated graphics and the revamped maps, the game feels alright and I still do play Quake 2 & 3 sometimes, but lots of other people do too and are better at it than me. At least in this I can own some noobs again like its 1999. :c00l:

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

What exactly caused this surge in popularity? I've seen patches that fix netcode for other games in the past and it didn't lead to a surge in playercounts like this at all...

The free2play announcement that happened at E3 a few days ago.