Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I honestly always thought the Shambler was supposed to be furry.

Also drug addict is the best character gotta go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Holy hell this game is laggy today.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
This game badly needs an auto-switch weapon hierarchy ala Unreal Tournament. As far as I can tell it's just on or off when picking up a weapon.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Bloodmobile posted:

Not really sure why this would be worth any effort to implement. Can't you just use weapon switch binds?

Yeah you can I just thought it was a really nice thing that UT provided.

e: in QC chat, I really want to like the roller girl but she has like no health and armor and isn't THAT much fast than most other characters. Her ability kinda sucks too

I also think Visor is real lame.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Same. The nails feel like they're firing out quickly but traveling bizarrely slow and having someone in your sights doesn't mean poo poo with it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

IronicDongz posted:

Yeah, you're not supposed to point it at someone. You have to lead your shots.

Oh I know it's not hitscan. It's hard to explain it just feels off for some reason.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

juggalo baby coffin posted:

all the gun designs look like friggin exercise equipment and they sound terrible

Yeah they're super not great. It's like the Michael Bay Transformers school of design, lots of details with zero personality.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Kashuno posted:

I liked Quake and Unreal Tournament is this game worth trying?

Very much so yes.

I just downloaded the new UT again after a bit to try the new mode and, uh, I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. The weapons all feel way better than Quake Champions but it's kinda ugly and I felt so goddamn slow.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Quake Champions needs more Chuck Norris jokes IMHO.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh and whoever the gently caress you were in Rage.

There were some kinda fun side characters in Rage they could add. Get John Goodman back in the recording studio.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah some of those shots look like they go between legs but others are just complete nonsense or kisses due to a weird delay.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I really, really hope he doesn't talk outside of grunts and screams.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Fortnight seems really, really bad.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

This is loving stupid and I have no idea how something like this even comes about. They don't even have the excuse games like Dark Souls had where things are locked on a console so everything is programmed around one framerate. loving EVERYTHING in our games are framerate independent and we're certainly not making something as high profile as loving Quake.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Pomp posted:

shootmania loving blew chunks

ShootMania and Mania Planet were so bad that they killed QuestMania and severely damaged TrackMania to the point where it barely exists any more. What an awful game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Unreal Tournament 3 was such garbage in so many levels. It even shipped with a completely broken friends system so you couldn’t even play with your buddies. Then CliffyB flipped his poo poo and said PC gaming was dead and blamed everything on that so welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Zaphod42 posted:

Which was worse, playing quake 3 as orbb or bones, or playing goldeneye as oddjob?

Playing Unreal Tournament as the Nali War Cow.