Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I wish you can grab the armor shards immediately when they pop out instead of having to wait.

Also nail gun sucks, I want the plasma gun back. The game is fun and I really want to like it but I feel like being in this beta is ruining it for me. It just makes me load up quake live instead. Like I wish I saved myself for when the game was fully released or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I honestly always thought the Shambler was supposed to be furry.

Also drug addict is the best character gotta go fast.

Love it when the announcers deadpan voice says junky.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I can't hit poo poo with the ng at all.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

loga mira posted:

Had the same association, but I think it's intentional, the gun models you can buy are more interesting. There's Q3 mg, Q2 rail, Q1 rocket, and something else. They are bought with the currency you get by destroying other cosmetics, I broke down all crap I got over six or so levels and only got to a third of the amount needed to buy one gun, maybe they'll make them cheaper in the future. I can probably buy one of them now, the rail maybe.

I managed to get enough shards out of one of the three item chests. Bought the q3 mg, it is good.

Actually forgot to mention but during last beta round one of those chests landed me the strogg lightning gun so I guess they can drop as well.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Yeah I'll be very disappointed if there are no changes this beta. It just kills morale not to mention it makes you question what you are testing anyways.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

MysteriousStranger posted:

Also if you aren't on discord get on it. Easy to pick up a partner for games, and we've had a few rotating 3/4 stacks. Game is much more fun when you can laugh at your own failures, have multiple people timing the quad, and screaming and yelling when someone runs the wrong way with the soul.

Is it mostly North American peeps?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Yep and I guess since I already had all champions from closed beta I received 900 shards instead.

Time for the Quake 1 rocket launcher!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

My coworker and I already went back to QL duels. The flow is just much better plus creature comforts like picmip, green keel and other settings.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

On Terra Firma posted:

What name did you play under in QL?

Wabbylegs.

And yeah I think I would like QC more if I had my gaming pc with me. I just really want the final released version, I feel like this beta stuff is ruining it for me.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Is reflex arena worth the five dollar sales price? Looks just like reskinned cpma but I've heard good things. Only bad thing I've heard I think is that it's dead?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I'm in Europe right now and have no problems finding a game. Not going to lie I'm a little worried when I move back to NA that my Quake options will suck.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Well the latest patch broke the game for me. It just randomly crashes in the menus and stuff otherwise yeah I would be playing.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro and it's very smooth for me, very happy with the optimization compared to early closed testing period.

Game is a blast but I'm still trying to get used to the overall lower stack. It makes rocket jumps for anyone but Ranger a pain. I think the biggest thing I want for this game is a successful team mode with objectives. Sacrifice should have been more like attack&defend from Quake Live I think.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

I still cannot believe you can't unlock champions using favor.

I figured they were going to go League of Legends style with it, where only skins had to be bought with cash.

When the game goes F2P it might turn off new players.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Honestly I was hesitant at first with the whole champions abilities/stats thing but now I really like it. It's just a new angle to help freshen things up. I think some people associate the abilities with Overwatch ultimates but they aren't really "hit Q to win".

Well I mean some of them maybe need a nerf but I hope you understand what I mean.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

TDM honestly feels like DM but with less enemies to shoot. It's not like older versions where you had to control the guns and drop them for your buddies.

I guess it's because as long as you guys regroup and control the quad there's not much else impact you can have besides not dying. Doesn't stop it from being fun but I have to force myself to play more Sacrifice if I want a real team mode.

If they want Sacrifice to be the main esport mode fine but I hope they let us have things like freezetag and attack&defend.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Audax posted:

My favorite part of TDM is being the only one with more than 5 kills.

Just had three bad games in a row. Forget everything I said about TDM few posts up.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

I just spent 10 minutes in the queue to find a game :v:

NA? Eastern Europe is only one minute max for any mode. I thought more people were going to be online after Steam release.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

What sensitivity settings do people have? I have a g400s at 800dpi and my sens is usually sort of high in most FPS games. I think it's somewhere around 2.8 to 3.5 in QC.

Rapha right now is doing 2.8 at 800dpi with no accel. I think this game is going to start leaning towards higher sensitivities because of the cpma champions.

I'm currently rocking 800dpi 1.5 sens with 0.05 accel. I'll try a higher sens next time I play too.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

maev posted:

I'd love a nice up to date list on current pro players sensitivity in QC right now. Going 3.3 at 400 dpi had helped my LG a ton, at the cost of flick rails and rockets sadly.

Gotta put on some accel! I want a list too, esreality doesn't have anything up but I think if you go to a player's stream they usually list it.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Same here it’s the only game I play right now. Once they iron out the netcode and optimize it further it will be even better. Then hopefully we can look forward to more features.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Yeah it’s good to see some bandaids for the Doom Slayer bullshit. To be honest I’m pretty bored with the game though. I think I’m going to need the new hitboxes and maybe a new map or two to drag me back. I played some Quake Live the other day and it kind of made me realize how much is still missing in Champions. I’m keeping the faith though.

Also I want rockets back to their original speed. Right now they are just too good.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

*remembers nexuiz, warsow, xonotic, reflex, shootmania, toxikk, cube 2, quetoo, diabotical, master arena, leap of champions, kwari, doombringer, world of padman, sauerbraten, insight, wickland, alien arena and lawbreakers*

*is skeleton with insanely long white beard*

If/when Champions bites the dust I think pretty much QL clan arena will be the only way to shoot a rocket and bunny hop.

Reflex looks fun but I never bought it cause of the no players thing.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I thought he was getting a grenade launcher.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Should they put rocket speeds back to QL speeds or what?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Edit: also is it just me or can Clutch see a hidden Nyx through his shield? She comes out as a white outline. That's pretty good if it's the case

Yep this was an intentional feature I guess.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I’m really starting to enjoy sacrifice. I think the mode is a lot more fun 3v3, less chaotic.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Nailguns are really good now. Hitboxes are pretty amazing now and everyone received a stack increase except Anarki who sucks now. Galena is a much more common pick since they buffed her totems to 100 dmg (ridiculous I know). Be careful of Clutch in sacrifice he can be pretty OP.

Also instagib game mode and a no abilities modifier for custom games out this month.

Edit: On second thought you might not have been gone that long so you’re probably aware of this stuff already. They skipped a February patch so nothing new.

Social Animal fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 3, 2018

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Andrigaar posted:

How is this game doing? I haven't played in months and have been waiting for friends to pick it up when it goes F2P.

Population has increased a bit since the April patch. Game is on the right path just needs more champion balancing and CTF hopefully in June. A good team mode is really important since most people didn’t like sacrifice. I can see it going f2p maybe in December? Still too early to tell but I’m feeling positive about the game.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Uncle Kitchener posted:

It's like FPS King of Fighters.

Haha the new duel format made me think of kof also. I guess the round stuff just interrupts the flow for too many people though.

I think capture strike would be good. I know Warsow had a CS bomb defusal mode too that looked fun. I think clan arena alone isn’t enough because there needs to be some objective besides kill the opposing team.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Anarki is unplayable right now. His circle jump is too slow to run away from bad fights and his stack is way too low compared to everyone else. They’ve acknowledged it and will have improvements for next patch.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

cougar cub posted:

Geee who knew that charging zoom damage on rail was a bad idea.

Lg harder to hit with? Sure.

CPMA style shotgun? Sure.

Galena totem nerf? Sure.

Although they are increasing health from totems. I don’t really think they needed to do that.

So if shards can’t buy skins will they only be used for chests? Hopefully we actually do get less duplicates.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Agoat posted:

Should I pick up the all characters pack? I've been wanting to learn about Quake but I always end up wanting to go back to Halo. Is there a point where the game just makes more sense or should I skip Champions and go play Quake Live?

There's a Scalebearer pack for $5 that gives you access to the game. I'd just do that first to see if you even like the game. You will be able to buy champions with the ingame favor currency starting next patch I believe.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

They removed sacrifice from the queue which saddens me as it was my favorite. Duel maps on ffa/tdm are fun though. Opened a ton of chests reliqus backpacks but didn’t get new tribolt. Dupes are still so bad now that sometimes I open a chest and I have enough to just buy another chest.

Loving the gibs. Anyone try the beta surround sound thingy yet? Heard it’s pretty bad right now.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I think more people would have liked it but yeah unless you are in a premade it sucks. The pickup games were really where it was at but we can’t even do that anymore because of some weird change where it takes 10 secs to cap a soul from an obelisk.

Which leads me to wonder something, will ctf be a dead mode too? If it’s actually 4v4 it’s going to suck just as bad without a premade. This won’t be public 16/16 servers from the old days.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Molybdenum posted:

played my first match and it was pretty lopsided. I think the other team had a player disconnect or something. The score was something like 50-2 at the end. Is that common?

No I think they’re matching newbies against bots for the first few matches. If they have 0 ping it’s a bot.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I thought that screen meant the servers were down.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Tace Vim posted:

Looking forward to CTF, as I think having the different characters will make for some interesting strategies and plays.

There was definitely some cool stuff when sacrifice was still alive. You would see scalebearer and doomguy on offensive a lot capping the soul because of their active ability. Lot's of slash and galena's on defense. I miss it and can't wait for a real team mode to return!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Important update: I'm still poo poo with the railgun and I think I probably will be for the rest of time. Game's still fun though! I got second place in a deathmatch!

Protip: vote corrupted keep during the map vote because it doesn't have the rail gun. You can't be poo poo with a gun that doesn't exist right? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I can’t even play. Despite all these new players it still takes me like 5 minutes to get a match and then some sort of server bullshit happens. I know my hidden mmr is high from playing so long but it’s just too frustrating lately to bother. Especially when I can jump into a game within a minute somewhere else.

Really hoping next patch comes out soon with worthwhile changes.