Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Uhh add audax if you do wanna play some. Steamcommunity.com/id/audax also. I played some with New Zealand/VLC Player a few nights ago and I had fun. Got to level 15+ a few times in the prior betas, but glad to get rid of the Bethesda launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Since the early access release, I freeze up/stutter for the first 10 seconds of any match. I used to get microstutters during first beta but those disappeared.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
https://www.reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/6vj6on/pak_file_champion_list_through_wav_files/

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Supposedly death knight is bones with clothes

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My favorite part of TDM is being the only one with more than 5 kills.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Pretty much. It comes in as a duplicate item when you open a box and you get shards for it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I spent some time - about 30/45 minutes in a custom match practicing Slash's slide as I have never played Q4 before. Man, it is very fun when you hit that cap quickly. I'm trying it out in deathmatch and it's a lot harder to do when you have other poo poo to worry about. Hopefully I'll have it down pat in a few days.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Remove the period at the end of his url. Also vlc drat your cs sens is high

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The developer AMA is currently going on and the producer/sound guy zoned out and is watching a HOTS stream instead of paying attention to his job.

So we are watching Tim and Adam answer questions while the only thing we can hear is the HOTS commentary.

Twitch chat is going nuts. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be the guy who hosed that up.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The champion variety feels really low in games I play.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Same. Games fun as poo poo, just more people need to be playing. Does we wanna organize a TDM/Sacrifice in-house night?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

real helpful stuff, appreciate it. but this:

so ive already bought the game but if I want more than two characters i gotta pay more? or I can rent them? lol

its real fuckin sad to open a modern game and be met with a storefront

You technically didn't buy the game. You were given a champion from the humble bundle. This is a marketing strategy to get you into the game to play and have fun, similar to the giveaways twitch prime does every month with other games.

And yes, you can buy more champions or spend the $30 for the full package which would cover all current and future champions.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Maybe I should have spent my 600k favor

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Finally got to try some TDM with some goons and it was a lot of fun!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The game is $30, they're pretty much free useless cosmetics? You can only gently caress with R_picmip 10 for so long

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Anyone having any issues with sound? I play a lot of Slash, and often times after using her I can't hear any item pickups, jumps, or explosions.

Additionally, I have 3 monitors. At the game end screen where you get your favor and medals, the game does not allow me to use my mouse outside my borderless window. It's like everything is frozen. Anyone run into this?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Can't Visor also see her or am I just dreaming? I swear he can see Strogg's bright outline in red when he's deploying Peeker.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I have some terrible news for you. Your first few games are all against bots. Sorry champ.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Whoever is in charge of that spreadsheet needs to allow people to download/filter data.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Do you know how much if a nerd do you have to be to join an official game discord? Maybe 5% of players wild do that ever.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Jose Mengelez posted:

if you watch the dev streams they sometimes trot out their albino "monetization manager" and he looks exactly like you'd imagine an albino monetization manager would look except his face is also erupting in thousands of greasy pus-filled boils.

syncerror is the least irritating person on those streams but he always has the facial expression of an infamous chomo who's just been transferred to gen-pop.

Dude what is wrong with you

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My daily reward isn't doubled at all :( I want my 4x Reliq

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The best thing about a small community is that if you're bad at this game, you can still get in and play games vs. pros and community streamers. In the last week, I've played with or against Dooi, Makaveli, FrothyOmen, Ketchup, JKaplan, 40lions, etc.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

hawowanlawow posted:

it got very gamer.txt in here

reeeeee I'm mad about videogames!

You would think if someone doesn't enjoy something they would just walk away. Like if you bitch and complain about something so much just move on.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

kaschei posted:

Reddit says to not open your chests. Also, only runes with at least some progress get credit. 0/20 disintegrators gets bupkis, 1/20 is a reliquary

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/a3s04l/mortalemperor_only_runes_with_progress_will_be/

hahahaha gently caress this

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

I guess I'll wait for the change to happen before I setup my authotkey spacebar script.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Status update. After opening about 400 boxes, I started getting nothing but shards because there was nothing left for me to get. So I'm just gonna wait for more stuff to release and open the other 300 later.