Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultra Spoot

If anyone's interested King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard made an album called Nonagon Infinity that kinda messes around with that, it's meant to be an infinite loop and can be started on any song and not matter. Not sure if shuffling it works though, but I think it's still pretty interesting and it's a great psych rock album imo.

For listening in general, I think you have to listen to the full album at least a couple times through. I think it's safe to say most artists since like the 70's put at least a little bit of thought into song order ever since albums became the thing to do. As someone who has played rock and metal for a long time it's definitely something I think about, cause having a slower song in between a bunch of faster songs is a totally different feel than having that slow song come last. Plus, every album is kind of a moment captured in time, you know? Like you can make two albums with the same exact band, instruments and equipment and they will sound slightly differrent because you can never quite have the exact same recording environment twice, and you're slightly older, and you probably have slightly different thoughts and emotions going through your head. And that's kind of a beautiful thing I think.

Anyway after you get that full experience take your favorite songs and throw that poo poo on shuffle. Lately though I've been listening to really pretentious metal like opeth and deafheaven where songs are like 10 minutes long so I still do the album thing. Hopefully this was interesting, i love talking about this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread