Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ground floor, yay. I always enjoy a good SRW LP :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I wish to go on record and state that the Linebarrels of Iron anime is terrible. Like, absolutely, completely, 100% bad.

The manga, on the other hand, is Very Good, and thus it's a shame they used the anime instead of the manga in this game.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh man, I love Kotetsushin Jeeg :allears: It's one of the few post-2000 series that fully captures the sheer goofiness, fun, and awesome of old-school mecha series, and it's a shame it only ever got a dozen episodes. (But on the other hand, it means rewatches are easy...)

e. :siren: update at the bottom of the previous page! :siren:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I've never watched either Godannar or Iczer-1, so all of this is new to me. And looking on the wiki, Iczer-1 is a three-episode OVA? Gotta hand it to SRW, they always find the most obscure mecha anime to put into a game.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm still working on the idea of Kouji, Tetsuya, and Kouji Tetsuya teaming up.

What was the SRW that had several characters named Gai, resulting in the LP having to differentiate between them? I think the game had Nadesico, Gao Gai Gar, and another one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Heyyyy, it's my favourite Wing character! How ya been, Noin? :dance:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Over by Djibril’s place, he and Logos Guy have heard what happened with the Linebarrel… and his take on it is that the thing could be really useful in SLAUGHTERING COORDINATORS! If the intel’s right, that lone Machina can level an entire city!

Goddamnit Djibril, could you perhaps be a tiny bit less overtly evil? :cripes:

Also, just to give an idea of the magnitude of Linebarrel's power, in the series the attack it used is a beam sword that can (and does) easily cut through buildings and is several kilometres long. At full power Linebarrel is really really ridiculously powerful.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

One mission you have the heroes fight a genocidial tyrant who wants to wipe out an entire race. Realistic, if it wasn't for the robots.

The next you fight the Chtulhu Invaders and the Jama Kingdom, who are using their giant monsters to try and KILL ALL HUMANS!!! :moreevil:

This is why I love Super Robot Wars :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You see, guys? It doesn't matter what we have to do (reach a new page) so much as what we want to do (reach a new page).

Wait, poo poo.

• Locked thread