Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

Your carrier is actually the giantest robot? Does it, like, lose carrier abilities when it's in that form or something?

That's why it's always fun when Macross shows up, but Frontier did get pretty overused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I love the idea of a "Men's Super Robots Monthly". it's exactly the sort of thign that would exist in an SRW universe.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Section Z posted:

This talk of wannabe holy figure mech pilots working out of an Orphanage makes me wish Billy Lee Black was in an SRW game. The "Jessie Cannon" would fit right into an SRW game as well :allears:

Xenogears in an SRW is my dream.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Alacron posted:

At first I was like, "That would never fit." But then I remembered how Gunbuster, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Evangelion have all appeared in the same SRW so I guess anything's on the table :v:

Xenogears would have to appear right alongside Xabungle. Solaris/Innocent/Ethos, come on man!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I am continually unable to get over how derpy the Linebarrels people look when they're all 'super crazy factor mode'.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

: … ([Screams geometrically])

This made me laugh way too hard.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

IMO, NGE has way overstayed its welcome in SRW. It tends to dominate the overarching story in a way that just isnt novel anymore, and in a way none of the other mainstays do.
And the worst of it is it doesnt really have fallible or human villains, such that the SRW team can't really change how they act and react around significantly, just characters that go through the same developments game after game.

Also im tired of the word script and the goddamn dead sea scrolls

I think V did a pretty good job compared to other recent entries of involving Eva in the main plot more. But yeah, I wouldn't be mad if they left it out for a while. They finally dropped Macross Frontier, so leaving Eva out for a while would be nice too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

I like how Kaoru seems to recognize he's in... what is this, like, the fifth remake?

That's kind of always been a thing for him.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

maninthesuit posted:

Maybe only a Wing-character is crazy or edgy enough to handle an overly aggressive teenager. If all else fails, there are always the old war-stories.

And reading what is said of Eva, it just feels even weirder. I guess the producers wanted to use the hype of the new movies to catch fans. I can't remember any other time SRW used a series that was technically incomplete. Maybe Gundam Seed back in Alpha 3 (never played it), but that one doesn't count because Gundam Seed is a full story without the later sequel series. On the other hand, it's not all that uncommon to have a series that's mostly there to pad out the unit-list.

They did a much better job with Rebuild in V...and a weird job with it in Z3.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hellioning posted:

If I cared very much for Rebuild, I'd probably be very annoyed at how Banpresto's handled the series so far.

As is, I'm mostly just amused.

Feels like they're handling it better than the studio at this point, given how long it's been since the last movie.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

maninthesuit posted:

I'm more in awe at the cross-compatibility of Macross-tech. Sure, just strap on those booster-packs and grab that rifle and you're good to go. Is this a standard design feature? In case you're out of planes, our super-packs are also usable by giants.

How would the controls work without the cockpit's interface? The gun just needs a physical trigger, but the backpack is going to need a special hookup as humans, even giant ones, don't come with plugs and sockets in their backs last time I checked.
In a sense, Klan grabbing Valkyrie equipment instead of a grunt version of her usual ride comes across as just as random as Michel's 'By the way, not dead.' At least it served as a decent reminder that Zentradi are as big as a giant robot.

Well Valkyries were designed to be just as big as Zentraedi in the first place. And I'd guess her suit has inteface stuff for her mech. But yeah, having it work for the super pack is kind of random.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

It's always nice to see Shinji get a chance to be a big damned hero like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for another great SRW LP Brunom.

Though I'd love to see you tackle the monster that is Alpha, seeing UX will be great too.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 17, 2017

• Locked thread