Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I know next to nothing about L, other than I like the original's themes. But then, that's just about every SRW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Okay, I remember watching Rushbird's attacks a long time ago, but seeing Alice's reactions (how do I super robot?) has really sold me on the originals already. She's quite the contrast to Nine though.

If OGs ever gets around to it I hope to see the Android power hour, with Lamia, Alice and Nine (among others that I probably don't know about).

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
All I know about Goddanar is that even by my relatively high anime tolerance it was really skeevy. I think I watched like the first five minutes of the pilot, and the idea of an adult man taking a bride who was still in highschool just sent me running.

I am interested to see how things go however, since the mech looks cool whenever I see it, and I probably don't have to deal with the female body proportions from the show as much in LP form.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Alice mistaking the Kaikink's lovely parts as a powered down SeeD suit :allears:. Every time they show up the originals just make me like them more.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
"Wait, waht are you doing here Ichitaka?"
"Didn't you hear me yelling at you all those times we fought?"
"Thought it was totally a dupe."
"...Sound legit."

Ichitaka makes so much sense here when you realize he was raised, more or less, by a mad scientist with a pair of robot maids and he already knows about poo poo like Dr. Hell. A doppelganger is a real possibility and concern.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Possibly?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, being tricky and fast didn't help Yuu when the original villain punched him in the face, and the Rushbird is fairly tanky....

Also, nice to see that when a therapist joins up its clear that people definitely want her helping out the Eva kids. Logical.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Voting STELLA!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Okay, in that case, I'll change my vote to Michel.

Also, love that the one big change is basically Shinn just saying 'I want to save her' to Kira and it all working out.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Brunom1 posted:

Got a new update incoming, but I reckon it'd be best to get a new page.

We need 2+ posts for this, so I ask you, thread: are you ready to go full Super Saiyan and jettison any semblance of difficulty from the game?

Gogogo

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
You had absentee Ozma apparently talking about Ozma (text only) near the start there, and Kenji probably was meant to say everyone rather than even, but that's all I really saw.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well then. Durandal basically became the king of player allied spite in SRW, huh? Fire a parting shot at the Frost Brothers, crash the Messiah into the enemy base... If they do the SeeD D plot again I wonder how he'll gently caress over other villains in his last moments then?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

HitTheTargets posted:

He'll push Axis away from Earth, solo.

Block a colony drop with a counter-drop? Thats kind of a hilarious image.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Rushbird.

I still remember playing J, where like the first or second stage after I got Great Zeorymer some Fed punk decided to taunt Masato about the difference between their skill levels. IIRC that guy probably ate a dozen nukes.

Grunts don't pick fights intelligently.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Montegoraon posted:

I don't know what should be more surprising: that almost nobody remembers the OG enemy faction, or that one person does.

Well, to us they were a completely different faction, but to the characters? GReaT, or however its capitalized, was just a sub-faction to Central, so since Central itself was beaten they don't really think that GReaT has any reason to really stir up more trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Materant posted:

Ichitaka, I don't know how to feel about a protagonist whose ultimate attack's background music lines up with "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus".

I didn't hear it before, now I can't stop hearing it. drat YOU!

• Locked thread