Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh hey L.

After getting tired of K this one is good and fun, if not simple. Plus it fixed the Partner System K introduced.

Also did one of the weirder things in SRW games. There are no Mech Parts in this game, the Squad Bonuses take the place of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dr. Snark posted:

Okay, real talk: I get what they were going for and the concept behind it is interesting on paper...but the problem is that what I see as a viewer is basically Athrun transparently cosplaying as Quattro and thus I end up focusing less on the legitimate reasons and interesting character ideas behind it and instead I go "lol, look at the lame zeta gundum reference."
Well, the original basic concept of Destiny was a reimagining of Zeta Gundam in the same way that SEED is a reimagining of the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't help but see Kouichi as "Psychotic Kira Yamato" for some reason.

Also Wufei is basically a Linebarrels character in this game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty much every SRW assumes some familiarity to at least some series in its roster. If it's not a premiere or a older series that's being given major focus then expect the cliff notes version of the introduction.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yes like Jeeg we're starting mid-series for Goddanar. Both shows were also in the last game K and had their full plots done.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

L's A.I is incredibly predictable and thus very exploitable.

Namely, unless it's a boss with Plot based targeting, an enemy will always target the unit with the highest HP within range.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah Psychotic Kira Yamato is a very apt discription. :psyduck:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Brunom1 posted:

Seriously, I really liked Lady Une out-politicking Djibril. If only Treize was still around to run circles around him...

To be fair, a 12 year old on cocaine could out-politic Lord GerbilDjibril.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Djibril would not be Djibril if he did not have a level of evil only matched by his level of idiocy

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

HitTheTargets posted:

It's so funny to me that SRW L seems to be post-Endless Waltz, because your first exposure to Une is her working to corral all the heroic groups into LOTUS. The first noteworthy thing Une does in Wing is kidnap a General, trick him into recording a propaganda piece for Treize, then kick him out of a plane and shoot him in the head. In that order.

It's a perfect example of Wing Logic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w

RIP General Septum :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

7 posts?

N-nani!?

• Locked thread