Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
L... I'm interested to know what the actual details of the plot is, line by line. But I can say this felt like the one I most enjoyed mechanically, at least.

The rest I think I'll save until this LP gets to a few particular parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

: Wha…!
: Pipe down, Shinn
: Rrgh…!

I think there's supposed to be punctuation here?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Alacron posted:

One has to wonder how this constitutes "going off the rails" while all of weird bullshit in MX somehow did not.

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'cart space/development time'.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait this was Godannar's finale? That was kinda underwhelming. Especially since the other route is doing the Jeeg finale and that's been much cooler.

I feel like that's a consequence of the types of stories the two are- Godannar is a series as much about interpersonal relationships as it is about 'giant robots punching things' and it's more about the family there coming together than it is about all the big action- the giant robot stuff is more a vehicle for it (pun not intended).

Meanwhile, Jeeg is 120% 'Giant robot action craziness, full stop'. And being a miniseries rather than a full two season show, on top of not having the budget problems that Godannar did, lets them do a LOT more with the stuff going on.

Fun fact that I don't know if it's been mentioned: The team actually put out doujins after season 1 to try to make up the money so they could ACTUALLY do season 2.

E: Didn't Godannar have a bunch of side-character international robots that are a big thing in the show, but apparently due to toy company licenses they can't use in SRW appearances? I remember hearing something about that.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 5, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

What I want to know is, why does the Dvorak have the head of the original Gaiking's Open Face form when it first shows up? Is that just an incidental detail or a plot point that was cut for L or something else entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Section Z posted:

"Kill all Humans! Kiiiiiiiiiill all Humans! Kill all HumaaaaaaaaAAAAANS!" :byodood:

"Ramming speed!" :black101:

"Wait, no, that will kill you. Who would want that? :ohdear:"

Hell of a time to suddenly develop concern for human life.

I think it's less "I don't want you to die" and more "No, wait, stop, I'm supposed to be the one killing you lot, not you", but...

• Locked thread