Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NHO
Jun 25, 2013

They stuck Iczer 3 crew into Frontier fleet.
They stuck Iczer 3 "you five people on a incomplete prototype warship are last people on earth, plus one of you is a battery for alien combat construct girl superweapon" crew into Frontier fleet.
And Iczer is kinda interesting in a way it wipes humanity horribly. This would be hilarious.
Murder dolls and insects and facehuggers with pocket dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I'm just can't wait if they deliver full promised impact of Iczer 3. Iczer 1 would also be interesting... horror for EA and other conventional military organizations.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Of course she's unwilling to fight, Iczer-1, you undersocialized planet-busting android, you.
But yes, it's quite nice thing they did here with plot of Godannar and Iczer-1. Completely redid, but in best way possible.
Heh, which of possible three people you mean when you are talking of someone who can match Iczer-1 in skill and being from her series?

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, so I know jack about Iczer-1, so can someone explain to me what's going to happen with that, since Nagisa is in a coma and, from what I gathered, that means no Iczer Robo. Is Iczer-1 just gonna hang around until Nagisa is up? Also, Godannar! Yeah!
Iczer-1 is available on Youtube, go and watch it.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Mikl posted:

I've never watched either Godannar or Iczer-1, so all of this is new to me. And looking on the wiki, Iczer-1 is a three-episode OVA? Gotta hand it to SRW, they always find the most obscure mecha anime to put into a game.

Iczer-1 is one of cult-ish 80-s OVA, that needs more love.
I'm more interested in how they make interaction between Iczer-1 cast and Iczer-3 cast, because 300 years in between and different dimensions in this case.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

No Fuji-series ship going down as red shirt it is? Quite wasted opportunity not to put Fuji-2 as a carrier for Armas, I say.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

STELLA
Because other choice lived. In movies.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

maninthesuit posted:

Was the Destiny based on Impulse, or was Impulse based on Destiny, a cheaper testbed they could use to get all the glitches looked at without revealing the treaty-ignoring machine?

Impulse was used as a testbed for everything.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

The thing with Iczers is hilarious. Pity they decided to spare us Nagisa-Nagisa interaction.
But yes, Iczer-1 got a backstory about being amnesiac on medieval planet or some such.
Iczer-3 is arrogant brat with abrasive voice that's freshly decanted (and who made her?) and not quite knows her strength. She won't grow to be true hero of justice. Just better person. Well, at least in source material.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Literally enemy palette swap...

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I'm thinking that LOGOS, as military-industrial cartel that explicitly propagates conflict, is somewhat underutilized in the crossover.

To be precise, it would be interesting if LOGOS dismantlement hit heroes, too. In sneaky ways.
JUDAS? Minor partner, medical supplies for EA and some of foundation research behind Extended.
Dannar base et. al? Lobbied for by LOGOS and supplied by LOGOS corporations, so now they face downsizing and lack of supplies.
NERV is also suffering from finance cuts due to main armament supporter being LOGOS (this is a nice justification for not rebuilding defense grid)

And so on. Basically, yeah, LOGOS is full of despicable human beings and backs Blue Cosmos, but cleanup threw out baby with the water.

NHO fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 1, 2017

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Oh, no, not Fuji №1!
But I at least happy that they added it in, even if somewhat late.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I can't put "Oh no, Fuji №2!"
In source it was a battleship and died a hero.

But video editors don't agree with me.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Oh no, not FJ-3!

While that haven't happened yet, I just leave senseless destruction of classic 80s space battleship (Giant phallic hanging gun included) here.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Never mind, the alarm sounds and Emi has news: the ship F-J III, currently patrolling around the moon, has just seen a massive fortress appear on the surface and it’s sending out a bunch of mobile weapons! Said weapons are IDed as being the Cthulhu’s and, whoops, they’ve just wrecked the F-J III in but an instant. Rachel is worried.

Well, that's more use out of one ship that in source material. Still insta-wrecked, but not insta-wrecked while in docks.

Should I cut some action for Queen Fuji, I wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Bulk up Iczer 1 or 2 but not 3, she's too immature to be HUEG

• Locked thread