Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nice, I know nothing about L!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

General Revil posted:

More Brunom SRW LPs. You're a beast, but this is highly appreciated, especially with how the GC translation effort just petered out.

Aww, dammit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

It used to be in the background as a minor thing (see: Masoukishin, Dunbine, etc. even back during the classic days) but It's been a major plot device since Z1.

I kinda wish they'd use the Masoukishin characters in a crossover SRW again.

Raxivace posted:

Imagine if this trend continued and we ended up with Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DD (Double Destiny).

I'm ready for Shinn's Counterattack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

I wish to go on record and state that the Linebarrels of Iron anime is terrible. Like, absolutely, completely, 100% bad.

The manga, on the other hand, is Very Good, and thus it's a shame they used the anime instead of the manga in this game.

Having read the manga and not seen the anime, I can say this is certainly a different beginning. I wonder how much is the anime and how much is SRW.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

At first, kind of. It focuses a bit on the consequences of suddenly being given the keys to a giant mobile weapon as well as everything good and bad about such a situation. Kouichi's characterization plays off of that, with him thinking that now he's got a license to be a superhero with no care for what's going on around him. Except that, you know, there are things like collateral damage and organizations with their own agendas getting up in your face out there that superhero stories don't really talk about or put in the forefront (Marvel's own S.H.I.E.L.D. and DC's own Amanda Waller being rare exceptions to this). Speaking of, I would love to see Nick Fury or Amanda Waller have to deal with all the super robot nonsense SRW puts out, but alas, that's nothing more than a pipe dream.

Also, if people do decide to check out the vastly superior manga, Miu does not appear until about...a third(ish) of the way in. Her design (as well as Painkiller's design) were locked down already, but the anime started well before she got introduced in the manga proper, and thus she has a vastly different personality and characterization than in the manga. Painkiller itself is also radically different in the anime than in the manga, so keep that in mind. If anyone needs a single reason why the anime gets crapped on (outside of Hisashi Hirai's artwork), it was made by Studio Gonzo.

Technically, Marvel is canon to the SRW universe thanks to Project Cross Zone and Marvel vs Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Well, about as canon as alternate universes get. Actually, speaking of which, is Marvel vs Capcom even canon to the characters in Project X Zone?

I'm just going with the "everything in srw is canon" thing they've got going.

• Locked thread