Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

*checks*

This is post 318. That's a bit further away than I expected.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I don't usually think about characters' heights.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

This is my introduction to Linebarrels. Not impressed so far, but I do like how it's been linked in with other series.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Hmm, so neither Japan nor LOTUS has an official leader now. How long until that gets resolved?

For LOTUS, I'm guessing the chain of command gets re-forged in the next three chapters.
For Japan, it's even odds between "Immediately, because that's too important to forget about" and "Never mentioned, because no one cared in the first place."

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Let's move on.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Let's go!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

There seem to be quite a few SRW plots where Gendo just gives up.

: Well, better luck next time.

: Yeah.

Next time:

: Okay, this time I managed a Second-and-a-half Impact. And almost nobody noticed.

: Sorry, I think this other bunch of Angels banished us from their universe so we wouldn't steal their spotlight.

: drat.

Next time

: Okay, you weren't even trying this timeline.

: Second-and-a-half Impact got eaten by Mazinger Zero and a dragon.

: And Shinji had too much to live for to destroy the world. Must be that thing called "handing him over to Bright at the first opportunity," you know.

: If it's all the same to you, I think I'll just come to terms with my wife's death while the rest of you are off fighting Stalkers in Space for a year.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Rushbird

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

With some of the stuff Ludo was saying at the end there he really feels like a half-finished villain, some of that stuff probably should've gotten more play than being announced as he was dying. Oh well, guess that's something for OGs to expand on. I had similar thoughts about the MX villains but they ended up being one of the major players in OG2nd.

They've got an obvious place to put Ludo too: Make him the new villain for Raul and Fiona to deal with. They might not bother, though, the Alpha 3 finale has been put off long enough already.

I can't quite agree with you about the MX villains though. On the one hand, Alberdo got to show his skills as a military leader and comes off as very competent compared to the other Gaia Sabers.
On the other hand, Eldy didn't stand out nearly as much: Her rivalry with Aqua is intact, but her plan doesn't seem as compelling when SEELE and the Mulians aren't around to compare it to. Plus, their final battle is literally tacked on in the true ending, because Eldy's become so irrelevant to the main thrust of the plot she doesn't even show up for the standard one (Though I thought her playing Duvan like a fiddle before dunking on him was amusing). Plus, AI1 has it's character thrown away and forgotten about when it's used to build the true final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

We all appreciate your amazing work.

• Locked thread