Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Materant posted:

Kotetsushin Jeeg is pretty great (STORMBRINGER is also an amazing opening song) but holy crap it's hard to stand Kenji early on.

To be honest I've always been unable to appreciate it. When I was younger the original series was often transmitted in my country, and near that classic, the new series appear quite lackluster.

In fact noted that it's much easier tend to be very critical and unforgiving with film/series/videogame that are remake/reboots of similar works that were liked in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

I always liked SRW (and mecha anime) but this time I must say there is a noticeable lack of likable characters.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Glazius posted:

Angels walk the earth and still politics are happening.

That would happen even in the real world.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

I've grown up with Kotetsu Jeeg, he old series I mean, and so Hiroshi and Jeeg keeps a very special place in my heart. In fact their presence in the new series was the only thing that kept me interested in it.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

We need a W remake in general though. Imagine W, but with full voice acting and a semi-competent Asian-English translation.

I want to hear Gai shouting. Yes, all of the Gais. Including the one that isn't prone to shouting.

Tne next OG should cover W arc. Till now they have been following(albeit loosely) the Alpha narrative, and now the end (Alpha 3 is near). In A3 Ideon had a great part, and Valcazard in she only OG that could replace it.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Hellioning posted:

Ah, yes, the Neo-Neue-Shin-New Divine Crusaders. I was missing the logic of 'in order to make you strong, I had to kill a bunch of people who could have helped the fight' in my mech games.

One of the most used (overused, I'd say) trope in the mecha anime, and one of the most irritating.

Really, I'd like to watch a series where someone tries this and the only thing he succed to do is to make things more complicated and hurting someone close to the protagonist.

Guy Fawkes fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 23, 2017

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

One of the best thing of SRW is their messing with the depressing timeline of the Evangelion series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you for the LP.

• Locked thread