Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I used to not care for the Destiny at all. I still don't care for the Legend. It's the big spiky dish on its back that just makes it look fat. But the Destiny has grown on me over the years and I actually really like it now. For a late-season upgrade that's superior in everything, I love how simple it keeps things. It's Impulse, only more refined. The big sword and big cannon are literally just hooked onto the back-pack, one each. And their colour-scheme is also a call-back to the equivalent backpacks on Impulse. Red for the wings, blue for the sword, green for the artillery. It is as if they looked at the Impulse and said "Two swords are terrible at range, but two big cannons are terrible at melee, why not compromise and have a little of everything?"

Athrun mentioned the Junius treaty. Gundams don't grow on trees and you have to wonder how long they've been in development and for how long Durandal has been planning to hand Legend and Destiny to the Shinn and Rey. Was the Destiny based on Impulse, or was Impulse based on Destiny, a cheaper testbed they could use to get all the glitches looked at without revealing the treaty-ignoring machine? While I like to see Athrun bring up the fact that these Gundams are technically illegal and get the 'hard times, hard measures' answer in return, as it tells you something about both him and Durandal, it's one of those things in SRW that always make me chuckle.

Now the ban on developing mobile-suits with nuclear reactors makes sense in the anime. Suits like Freedom and now Shinn and Rey's new rides are essentially one-gundam armies. That said, I don't think the ban was focused just on nuclear mobile suits. If I remember my SEED correctly, earth and the colonies have been seeded with magical anti-fission devices. Which means that mobile suits, spaceships etc. have to run on an alternate, lesser, power-source and more importantly, no nukes. So in order to develop suits like Destiny, you also need to develop an anti-magic device that's small enough to fit in your mobile suit to keep it from shutting down when within the influence of the anti-fission gizmo.
And if you can fit this on a mobile suit, you can fit it on a WMD big old nuke. So I can see why this is such a big deal, even if LOGOS broke the treaty with their nuclear attack earlier in the game.

But this is SRW, and compared to some of the other power-sources we're lugging around, fission just seems kinda meh. I mean, what do we have here?

Mazingers: photonic energy. Which seems to be your standard super-robot do-it-all limitless power-source invented, built and controlled by a lone scientific genius. Which makes sense, Mazinger is one of the oldest super robots around.
The two big V-bots: Dunno, super electromagnets?
Godannar: Big spinny turbines that make sweet noises and let your robot grow awesome flame-hair. Practicality aside, flame-hair is awesome and more robots should rock it.
Gaiking: Literal magic fire.
The Wing-boys: Probably fusion. Whether that is better or worse than SEED's fission-powered gundams is a bit hard to tell. SRW tends to make everyone equal after all.
Macross: Err....thermo-nuclear turbines according to a quick google. I don't know if that's closer to fission or fusion. Either way, they get a pass on the treaty due to being from a parallel universe.
The Machina: Nanomachine magic.
Iczer-1/robot: Dunno, heart and emotions? The power of friendship?
Jeeg: a magical artefact. Only two exist, so mass-production is out.
Evangelion: I think I don't even want to know what powers these.

On a different note, there are only two other things I have to comment on.

First is the location of our last battle. I thought both routes would go into space, just to different parts. I blame the name Heaven's gate for this.

The other is Goh....he practically went berserk there. That's not good at all given what we know of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Brunom1 posted:

As for the VA, I've read that it's former-JP Pro Wrestler Cutie Suzuki, and that she got the job through nepotism...

That goes a long way to explaining why her favorite attack is a flying elbow-drop if I remember things right.

I don't have much to say about this mission to be honest. Macross used their standard plan of 'sing at it till things happen, sprinkle with missiles according to personal taste' and the Iczer-side was basically a quick way to introduce Iczer-3 and get her sister out of the way so she wouldn't hog the spotlight, essentially forcing the player to get a look at what makes the little elf tick.
Oh, and we lost the glowy powerball that I don't think was mentioned before. Great going, miss three.

Alacron posted:

-I have mixed feelings about the Super Packs. Statistically they're a nice boost, but design wise is it literally just strapping some giant missiles to the planes? Not sure if that's worthy of being Super.

I've often had problems with the various packs on the Valkyries. Mostly in that they all seemed like either too much busywork to handle, so I'd just stick with whatever's on there. The difference seems to be minor anyway. A few missiles here, a beam cannon there, maybe swap in space-air ranks. The game is forgiving enough that I just never felt a need to dig into it for maximum effectiveness.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
It may be a combination of plot and gameplay at work. Plot-wise, it looks like Iczer-3 gets a single joy-ride in the robo before being depowered.

Gameplay wise, there are the following things I noticed.
1: Iczer-3 shows up pretty late. Not late as in 'two stages before the finale' late, but still at the point where other stories like Destiny and Jeeg are making a solid run for their endgame. Since the series doing their finale naturally get the main share of attention in conversations and mission design, this puts a limit on the number of stages the developers have available for Iczer-3's development.

2: Iczer-3's miniboss-squad got stomped in a cutscene. I can't be sure why they didn't put them on the map as actual enemies, but I'm guessing the developers decided it wouldn't be worth the time and resources. Besides, they'd probably be of the annoyingly dodgy variant anyways. Anyways, without the human-scale minibosses, that leaves the fight in the robo which probably works best if it is condensed into a single stage.

In a way, I like how fast they run through her full-powered tutorial-level and get her set for the main plot of the story. We don't really need any more to see that Iczer-3 is supremely confident, rather childish and can't admit that she's not as invincible as she wants to be. Now that that's out of the way, there's more time to have her learn not to treat fighting like a game or that people don't work as voluntary batteries all that well when you essentially kidnap them.

Edit: Added some spoiler-tags in-case my guess at the future plot is too accurate.

maninthesuit fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 26, 2017

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
He may not need air to breathe, but how does he talk in space? Probably a radio or something, but he's considerate enough to move his mouth anyway in case someone is hard of hearing.

The Old and New Jeeg team-up scene is all kinds of awesome. Starting with Kenji and Tsubaki using the power of love (or lust in Kenji's case) to overload hell and make it spit out the two bells, then doing the double transformation. And perhaps the best part is Hiroshi's old partner hopping in the old Shooter and getting him his components and battle-support like old times. Heck, Hiroshi never even doubted she would be there. drat, now I want to watch this show again.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I don't think I ever noticed before when I played this, but they gave Goh infected versions of his cut-ins. That's a really nice detail that they could have easily skipped, especially since it is only this one stage where it applies. I do remember another similar 'bonus' elsewhere in the game, but I won't talk about it further until we get there.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Brunom1 posted:

And here’s Classic Jeeg’s Mach Drills, complete with Micchi showing that she’s nowhere as hotblooded as Tsubaki when shooting parts.[/i]

Well to be fair, there's only so much physical action you can shove into pressing a tiny button with your thumb when compared to having to shove a lever all the way forward.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong as I've never watched the original Jeeg. But is the deal with Himika and co being aliens a retcon? Given all the talk about hell, cursed souls, collecting hatred and anger to literally form your mightiest hellbeast etc. They feel more like some kind of demons than aliens.

Also, while Jeeg's final form looks gorgeous, I prefer old Jeeg when it comes to their respective Centaur-forms. New Jeeg is placed so far back it just looks unbalanced. He has to reach all the way over his alien tiger-buddy in order to stab someone.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Oh Shinn, he's such a joker.

Also

Brunom1 posted:

: Way these things usually go, I figured we’d be getting an Iczer-4 or Iczer-0 after 3… Guess I was wrong.

Not being able to read the actual name they used, I always called her Iczer-4 myself.

I wonder what was up with that eva cut-scene in the beginning though. I never watched the show so I'm at a loss. I know that Eva has a purple one, a red one and a yellow one. So I guess they're hinting at a fourth bot here, but the dialogue said it blew up. It is weird in all kinds of ways. Why wasn't LOTUS made aware of an angel stomping around? Is this supposed to be happening at the same time that they're fighting the scarecrow-angel and not-Iczer?

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Maybe only a Wing-character is crazy or edgy enough to handle an overly aggressive teenager. If all else fails, there are always the old war-stories.

And reading what is said of Eva, it just feels even weirder. I guess the producers wanted to use the hype of the new movies to catch fans. I can't remember any other time SRW used a series that was technically incomplete. Maybe Gundam Seed back in Alpha 3 (never played it), but that one doesn't count because Gundam Seed is a full story without the later sequel series. On the other hand, it's not all that uncommon to have a series that's mostly there to pad out the unit-list.

Alacron posted:

There seems to be a weird amount of cheapness when it comes to Iczer. The mooks are just recolored Iczer-Robos, Iczer-2 is a slightly modified Iczer-1, and Atross is a slightly modified Iczer-3. On top of that most of the villains get killed off without any custom assets beyond a portrait and maybe a map icon.

The mooks are actually the enemy bot from the first episode of Iczer-1, if I remember right. As for why they're so similar to the Iczer-robo, there is a good reason. Iczer-1 and the Iczer-robo are both originally created by the Cthulhu. Hence why their plan b is 'Iczer-2, Iczer harder'. The OVA didn't have time or reason to establish a grunt unit though. The closest would be their human-sized infiltration unit, whose existence SRW L has largely skipped over. I think Iczer-1 mentioned that Kasumi's parents had been killed but that's about it. It's kind of funny because they're the one aspect I can actually remember decently.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, it seems that Bucky BarnesYajima's alive. Which means Kouichi's about to go on yet another forced deployment for the next stage. :negative:

It's that time of the week again. Get ready for more exciting lessons on what it means to be a true CHAMPION OF JUSTICE.

And I feel that I'm the only one who has mixed feelings on the lord and savior, Gaiking the Great. It is a magnificent machine and its theme-song (while not quite on the same level as the original) goes well with selling its glory.
That said though, I have a few problems with it. Most of which stem from the anime. I think I can talk about it now that we've finished the Gaiking plot. Namely....why?

Why is this one particular kitbash, using components that have been in use for quite a while already, so much more powerful? Yes, I can see it act as an upgrade. Just the top alone features an improved rocket-punch (They come back on their own!) and big rocket-wings for better flight. But it goes much, much further than that. In the anime I remember it showing up earlier, against one of the two Dvoraks. Not sure which one. Now the dragon had just finished stomping everyone into the ground. The b-team, the three 'kings, the battleships. Everyone. But then they form Gaiking the Great and Daiya opens it up by casually stopping the Dvorak's charge with one hand. What follows is the Great taking apart the Dvorak as easily as the Dvorak had just beaten everything else. I mean sure, they say that Daiya is the only one who can handle it, but the implication is not that Daiya makes the Gaiking the Great so powerful, he's just the one who can keep up with its gas-guzzling majesty without burning out in seconds.

Meanwhile, Raiking and Vulking are stuck pretending to be lawn ornaments. I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the idea of doing some more kitbashing so they've got three functional robots again. There is a perfectly good Gaiking top and bottom lying around. It's not as if Daiya's using them. Just by having Gaiking the Great possible it seems to me that all three are cross-compatible with one another. (huh, this also makes me wonder if Raiking and Vulking can do the face-open. Raiking's pilot should theoretically be capable of handling it, not sure on Vulking's.)

So in short, I think Gaiking the Great is too much of a step up and I don't like how it takes away the role of its two siblings. Of course, that didn't stop me from using it so much it should have been declared illegal. Awesome music, good-looking moves and stats that break the difficulty into a million tiny pieces. How could I say no to that?

Oh, and father of Daiya. I understand that you're busy saving the world and stuff but while you're here, how about hopping by the old home and say hello to your wife? It seems like the polite thing to do.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Brunom1 posted:

Maybe it pools all their Hydrute stocks together for a lot more flame-powered strength? That'd explain why you need someone whose flame's as strong as Daiya's, to be capable of burning all that stuff properly instead of being overwhelmed and fizzling out?

I suppose that'd also explain why Norza and Lee don't kitbash as well: their "fuel tanks" were passed on to the Gaiking?

I'll go with that. They do say the 'strongest parts' of each. Makes as much sense as anything.

As for Proist turning into a gremlin, here's what I think happened. (I tried to google up a video, but failed to find it) The last mission jammed several episodes together. Gremlin-Proist shows up after Daiya kamikazes with Face Open the Great. They're in the middle of victory celebrations when Proist shows up again. Not quite dead, but little more than a pile of hate-fueled fire. I think this is also when the revelation of the Emperors being vessels for the combined minds of all their predecessors was revealed. One of the guys (probably the same one as in the dialogue here) offers the Darius-mind and asks Proist to become one with her predecessors. Anyway, Fire-Proist rejects the final call to become Darius, breaks the macguffin and gets booted out a window.

I'd say the closest comparison to what happened to Proist would be Himika's demon made out of condensed hate and rage.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
It looks like it was built to fight Godzilla, and is just about as effective as that would imply. Also surprisingly small.

And I don't mind the God beast too much. I agree that it suffers from low-res spritework on the DS. But thematically, I like it. It represents the loss of reason and a reversion to a more primal state. Hence its components all switching to their robot-animal forms. I don't think it is really much of a super-mode, coloring aside. Its mental state can be summed up as 'RIP, TEAR, MURDER, STOMP AND CHOMP'. It is a berserker with no concept of friend-or-foe that will charge and keep charging until it or its prey is down and out, for better or for worse and possibly shows what could happen if Dancouga had been in the hands of a team of equally hot-blooded but not quite as moral pilots.

If I remember right, God Beast is also how Dancouga initially appeared in the first episode. I don't think anything was made of it though. From its first proper appearance until this point, it was shown in its humanoid state.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I'm more in awe at the cross-compatibility of Macross-tech. Sure, just strap on those booster-packs and grab that rifle and you're good to go. Is this a standard design feature? In case you're out of planes, our super-packs are also usable by giants.

How would the controls work without the cockpit's interface? The gun just needs a physical trigger, but the backpack is going to need a special hookup as humans, even giant ones, don't come with plugs and sockets in their backs last time I checked.
In a sense, Klan grabbing Valkyrie equipment instead of a grunt version of her usual ride comes across as just as random as Michel's 'By the way, not dead.' At least it served as a decent reminder that Zentradi are as big as a giant robot.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Section Z posted:

Fair is fair. After all, Max had his Valkyrie put on Zentradi uniforms and hats as a goddamned disguise in the original series :allears:

Note to self, put the original Macross on the watch-list. That sounds hilarious.

Brunom1 posted:

Then again, her B rank in air might be indicative that Klan isn't putting the thing to its intended use.

I think that it's because she isn't wearing the rest of the VF-25 (why do I keep calling it the Valkyrie?). Ultimately, the super pack is an add-on meant to help out an already fully functional machine. It's not really balanced or designed to maneuver on its own. The VF-25 has jets and control surfaces spread out all over to enable aerial acrobatics. Without those, Klan can't do much more than shift her body-weight and try to get the big boosters on the super pack to point in the right direction. In other words, she can go fast in a straight line, but her ability to meaningfully turn is atrocious. At least that's what I think just by looking at the sprite. I'd have to actually hunt down the show to see how she really handled it.

Edit: Oh, and I suppose she's stuck in Battroid form. That one isn't exactly optimized for air-combat to begin with.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Yes! Finally the Kaiser is back. And this time, the stereo had better not break down just when the final boss shows up. (Seriously, a big gripe I have with the Mazinkaiser movie is that the good song cuts out right when the going is getting good and gets replaced with something I don't even remember.)

So let's see what happened here. The double-triple-quadruple agents all got their allegiances revealed. (or so they'd have us believe. For some guys working against the interdimensional invasion-force, you sure put a lot of effort into building the gate said force will invade through and trashing anyone who might be able to fight against said force, including your own bloody organization.) Ugh, I'm ok with working with them I guess, barely. But can we at least have everyone get in line and have a turn at 'slap the idiots in the face'?

Painkiller unlocked Victory 2, I have wings now.

Linebarrel got a new...super-mode? The second one? Eh, I think I prefer the teleport-spam myself and after having Gundam-00 in half a dozen SRWs straight, I can't help but look at Linebarrel Mode-C and go "Huh, it's just like Trans-am". Which isn't Linebarrels fault really as I'm pretty sure it predates 00 by a few years, but still.

Some mysterious half-staticy folks are watching from the sidelines. I think the mystery would have worked better if purple-hair got the green filter as well. I guess she doesn't to show she's right there at the scene, but it makes it a bit too obvious (if I'm guessing right) what is going on. It's like trying to go in disguise by putting on glasses and nothing else.

It rather amuses me that right before the mission Yumi is all "Nope, not done yet. I need more time!", but half an hour or so later he's dropping not just the Mazinkaiser but also the Great 'Even Greater' Mazinger out of orbit. I guess he's just a perfectionist and had to get that last little bit of paint touched up just right.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Brunom1 posted:

Considering how I've been told that, in the manga, the Linebarrel's ultimate, ultimate form is him turning red and "going three times faster" (plus adding ALL THE SWORDS), I'm very inclined to say that, yes, this is totally meant to be Trans-Am.

Well, I stand corrected. A quick sniff through wikipedia shows that Linebarrel started about a year after Gundam 00, which would firmly place it somewhere in 00s second season if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, this is Trans-am and if 00 had been in this game, there probably would have been a joke about it.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
And this is why you don't rely on an automatic evasion system alone. Some guy may just decide to fly in circles around you, which is obviously not an attack, resulting in the automated response of *do nothing* until it is too late.

Also on Voltes' new attack. Deploy barf bags! That cut-in of Kenichi spinning made me laugh.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Voltes is the one with the sword, Combattler is the one that spins a lot. Also, Combattler V has a face with the Iron Giant's mouth. Voltes V has more of a flat faceplate that looks vaguely gundam-like.

maninthesuit fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 30, 2017

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
This stage has the one piece of 'I didn't expect them to put in the effort' that always stuck with me. When Hero lines up on the base to do his iconic 'shooting the fortress'-scene, I expected the usual. You know, have his icon move across the map, do an explosion or two. Maybe shake the screen if we're feeling generous. But nope, they went and had the Wing Zero do the full animation of it actually shooting a sprite of the base. Now to be fair, its a lot easier to sprite up a static building than it is to do a moving unit like everything else, but still. I did not expect them to do it.

Now if Djibril wasn't such a nasty person, I might almost feel sorry for him. Almost. Just look at him. He tries so hard to be the evil mastermind and even has a princess to do the hostage-thing with, but then said hostage has the gal to bounce his death-threats right back at him! Ok, I don't feel sorry at all. That was just hilarious.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Ok, the Dancouga kamikaze makes no sense. Now Dancouga is formed by the big core unit (torso, limbs) putting on shoes, a hat and a backpack. I saw those arms and legs break off, they don't come back on their own! Hell, it even snapped to pieces at the waist. But eh, it would suck to lose the Dancouga for the rest of the level and combination sequences are awesome so who cares. I also really like the part with the giant dragon rising over the horizon. Pity it isn't an actual unit (this game), because it's a freaking giant mecha-space-dragon and there is always room for more of those.

And the Iczer-combination is possibly my favorite attack in this game. It's the goofiness at the beginning with Iczer-3 being her bombastic self and the other two ignoring her and running ahead that makes me laugh. Hmm..now I'm trying to remember if Iczer-2 brought her robo with her when she turned blue.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Aww, it's not so bad. Sure, there are some improvements that can be made. Like ditching the lyrics (or at least the filter they put over the voice), up the audio quality in general, change the melody so it sounds less like its tripping over itself and tumbling down a hill. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm tonedeaf. Never could name and distinguish two different tones in music class unless they were literally on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Moving on, an invasion of lots and lots of hiveminded robots. Mostly happening off-screen! And extras! Another Fuji, somehow breaking the family tradition of getting sunk! (Kinda, it didn't blow up instantly. So, baby-steps.) No, jokes aside, it's a thematic refusal of Moon Will's, Durandal's etc. of humans being unable to stop warring against one another. Granted, all the bonding occurs because a bigger fish shows up but we'll see if it sticks afterwards.

Brunom1 posted:

: We’ve already finished our analysis of Darian technology. Not even Gaiking the Great could stand up to all 600000 of Central’s forces.

Not sure I'd agree with you there. Given the track-record, my money would be on the super-robot piloted by the guy who literally gets a super-saiyan makeover just by hopping in the cockpit. Might take a while though. Unless we change genres to a Dynasty Warrior's style game. Then I'd give it an hour tops. (I'd play that.)

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Post, post, insert random rambling here.

I like rocket punches?

Also, at this scale, I really don't know how putting one human in front of another stops the mecha-scale sword from going all the way through and out the back. Emi's spine must be made of Super-nanomachine alloy or something.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Saved by deus est...machina? Random hyper-space encounter?
And if I remember correctly, if you don't get the secret Talisman will still show up at this point to lend its energy. It will just be on auto-pilot.

Brunom1 posted:

: Stand down, boy! You still have much of your life ahead of you! A mission as dangerous as this falls to a dead man like me!

Apart from looking very alive to me, this isn't your plot, totally-not-Zechs

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me. Communication issues seems to be at the core of Macross' storytelling after all. So having the 'virus' be because of alien microbes' acting as an hyper-aggressive immune system, and then having them 'cured' by swapping the host body's IFF from foe to friend is one of the least out there moments.

And of course the moment the overpowered super robot alliance goes into space, the earth goes all to hell. It's like that time Kouji Kabuto took a vacation in Paris. It could be anything or anyone of course. leftovers from Central, Cthulhu infiltrators bursting out of their skin, another Natural-Coordinator war cause Lacus and co aren't around to tell them to stop that...but it's probably the originals. I hope they explain why they have been such a non-show for much of the game. Maybe they didn't want to conquer the earth and colonies just yet because they were busy making a killing in the construction business, disaster relief and selling coffee-makers to every military site in the system (that transform into killer robots).

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
In his defense, that is a pretty sweet bling-machine. Firepower rivaling Durandal's doom-cannon in a smaller package (I assume), range enough to hit stuff from the moon and probably all the toys. But I stick with my opinion on Centaurs. butt-riders are clumsy, shoulder-riders are better.

Now as for Rushbird's and Straybird's final trick, it's a combination of good and bad. On the one hand they combine Straybird's speed with Rushbird's brute power which is a logical end-goal. It's also half of what I predicted when I first played this game. I thought that Straybird would combine with the Rushbird, I just expected all of the Straybird to be involved in the combination, resulting in a new robot with four pilots, rather than it lending its wings for an attack. As it stands, it feels less like a combination attack and more like the Straybird is taking a break while letting its beefier brother handle business.
The bad is the cut back and forth between target and the Rushbird's aura-thing goes on for too long and the zoom is too slow which ends up sapping the sense of speed its supposed to convey. And to be honest, my opinion is colored by the disappointment over having an attack right at the finale as the original's final upgrade, instead of a sweet new unit to play with. What can I say? I'm a shallow person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Well, what do you know? It can always get worse.

The final stage is a wonderful arrangement of fun/frustration if you have no idea what you're doing and play these games on little more than muscle-memory and guess-work. Being forced to split up your forces to deal with insta-fail missiles, reinforcements and the boss makes it a lot more interesting to me in ways that just having a nice-looking blob of hp can't.

And everyone lived happily ever after. Shinji bumped into a mysterious person who might have had more to do if the shadowy masters of his plot didn't literally go "Huh, our script is nothing but blank pages from here on out....time for a nice long vacation. Who wants a beer?". Nanomachines shut down off-screen, the racers had a fun day on the track, ships left for other worlds and I suddenly realized why Gloria's world was out of resources. Too many goshdarn magazine-collectors like the Dancouga guy. Oh, and the mad professor is going to keep on building bigger and bigger bird-robots cause he just loves his birds.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the ending.

I'll be checking out UX. Never played it, so it will be interesting to see an SRW where I'm completely blind.

• Locked thread