Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

WrenP-Complete posted:

my username dictates i must post in this thread.

P=NURTIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

more like no one should expect np to be efficiently solvable, but it could be that there exists some monstrous, but still polynomial, bound for those problems (e.g. it turns out that satisfiability is solvable in time n^100), which would rather mean the end for the polynomial hierarchy as a way of separating these things than it would mean that np-complete problems can be efficiently solved

eat my balls

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

the most common form (C3) is a lovely hack which is why an improved form (C4) has independently evolved dozens of times

most plants are too STUPID to use it though

also plant photosynthesis isn't remotely close to photovoltaics but it does make chemical energy which is cool and a solar panel that could make oil would be bonza m8s

plants don't think, idiot hell fucker

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if p = np when n is 1 or p is 0 then clearly p = np because those are the only two numbers that exist, duh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Endless Mike posted:

what if p = 1 and n = 0, op

stack underflow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lutha Mahtin posted:

did u kno, there are other complexity classes besides p and np. its true

nobody cares though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lutha Mahtin posted:

aside from the people who actually understand complexity classes lol

pram posted:

yeah but this thread isnt for people who understand stuff. its for shower thoughts about a wikipedia article i read and beeping noises that soothe the autism

traveling salesman goes bep bep

• Locked thread