Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

1. What's the most dangerous animal in Canada?

2. Which is the best band from Canada?

3. So do Canadian schools teach French further West?

4. What caused the division between America and Canada?

5. Why is France so integrated into French culture but not Spain which also has a massive presence in America.

Thank you kindly Canadians

1. Probably Moose. But I think a goose is more likely to attack you. gently caress geese.

2. Matthew Good Band imo but I also think The Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are great.

3. You betcha

4. and 5. are tackled elsewhere and I'm not the person to ask.

I'm from Northern Ontario and it's pretty "Stereotypical Canadian" up here. We say eh a lot but like someone said earlier, it's so common that people don't often notice it. I also lived in Toronto a few years and it wasn't until then that I noticed that Northern Ontario has a separate accent. I also had to explain to my Toronto boss what a coozie was and he just couldn't accept it. Kept calling it a cozy but cozies keep things warm, damnit! A koozie keeps things cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Those native populations do still exist, yes, but good look finding many Canadians who've ever actually met a native canadian in their entire lives. Native peoples REALLY keep to the reservations in Canada, and there are not many of them to begin with, so most people have never interacted with them at all.

I live in Ontario and last census data I saw, 10% of my city's population put down First Nations as their race/heritage. Walk around town here and you'll see indigenous people everywhere. Hell, our post-secondary schools and municipal buildings often have trilingual signs.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

In my experience (Ontario), there's sometimes a "the" and sometimes not, and you just learn which are which. For example, head to Toronto, I'd take 69 until it turns into the 400. Then I might go along the QEW. I'd say the 400-series and acronyms tend to have a "the".

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

My great aunt lived in Montreal for like 40 years and never learned French, so you're probably fine.

• Locked thread