Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So how many times do you say "eh" in a day, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nessa posted:

Personally, none.

Do you hear it in a day?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nessa posted:

I think it's honestly less common here, at least in my circles. It's occasionally used as a replacement for "huh" and I mostly hear it from older people and at places like bars and liquor stores.

I can believe that. I spent a few days in Ottawa last year and didn't hear anyone say it. Hell, I only met one guy who said "aboot" (which really sounds more like "aboat" anyway).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nessa posted:

Last time I took a plane, transit was super easy. The 747 bus goes from the airport to the southernmost LRT station, so you can get downtown pretty quick by public transit,

For a second I thought someone in Canada had turned a Boeing 747 into a bus, and was really excited. Then I realized you meant the route number of the bus and I was disappointed again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Earwicker posted:

people here are substantially more patriotic (you would never see a Californian town covered in American flags like you see in New England or the Mid Atlantic)

I live in San Diego, and I dispute this claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In the US there's places where the same stretch of highway is considered part of multiple different numbered highways (the :spergin: term is concurrency, which I did not know until I just now googled the subject). Maybe the same applies in Canada.

• Locked thread