Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

tuyop posted:

I wonder why more Vancouverites don't hop over to Halifax. It's just like Vancouver but with 10% of the costs, natural beauty, and hope!

Yeah, just move across the country why don't you! A few of my friends went to Halifax for university and only one of them liked it. The most succinct description I heard was "It's just like London (where I live) but everyone smokes". Of course that's skewed to the student viewpoint.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The answer to all questions about Vancouver is "it sucks".

I'm seriously considering a cross-country move to here if jobs pan out. But I'm also open to other areas in BC. I just want to get out west which seems to be common sentiment for people in my area.

For anyone else's interest I geographically live halfway between Toronto and Detroit. I say eh frequently.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

tuyop posted:

I don't know, everything's so far apart that I don't see much of a difference between moving from one coast to the other and moving from any other large city to another unless you're in Southern Ontario. What are the other options? Nearly everything in this country is a day away from everything else and the only difference is whether you're flying or driving
That makes a lot of sense actually. Fair point.

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

OK everyone likes to say their city/town has the worst drivers.....OBJECTIVELY who really has the worst drivers? And where is it actually the worst place to drive in?

The worst city I've driven in is Montreal, because of the island factor and that there are many one way roads. However, nearly every time I've been to Toronto I've seen people run reds. Bad drivers are everywhere, which is why Canada's Worst Driver is thoroughly entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXHtCsfdqY- contestant drives 140 during a challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NovNO3BgnGw&t=375s - just another contestant.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 6, 2017

• Locked thread