Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Holy Cow. Alberta is like 10 times bigger than Scotland with a similar population.

Vast expanses of nothingness in Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I simply cannot fathom Canada. A drive from end to end in Scotland might take 5 hours. I'm lucky in that I live in a relatively rural area and I've got countryside right at my doorstep but also every major city within an hours drive.

Some parts of Canada it sounds like you'd take longer just getting to a cinema than watching the film itself.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I always said to myself that if I visited Canada it would be the maritime provinces. I always found the idea of visiting Nova Scotia fascinating, might be cause I'm Scottish. Also had no idea that Montreal was on an island. With that I have done Canada questions I could just google but I'd rather hear answers from authentic Canadians.

1. What's the most dangerous animal in Canada?

2. Which is the best band from Canada?

3. So do Canadian schools teach French further West?

4. What caused the division between America and Canada?

5. Why is France so integrated into French culture but not Spain which also has a massive presence in America.

Thank you kindly Canadians

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Wow there are a heck of a lot of random little settlements in Canada called Fort X. Four freaking hours for a McDonalds though, jesus. I suppose it helps to be trained in auto-repairs since so many people there are going to be car owners.

Is it particularly difficult to get a driving license in Canada? My girlfriend is just starting to learn and here in the UK it's a bit of a nightmare and expensive. When I first learned like 8 years ago I could do it in my small country town but thesedays you have to do it in one of the nearby nominated cities. And when I say nearby I mean a half hours drive.

How do driving tests work for someone who lives as remotely in Canada? I imagine the driving test is pretty much "drive on this road for 100 miles and don't come off the road because it's probably snowing" and voila, here is your license? Haha

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 28, 2017

• Locked thread