Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
My husband and I live near Vancouver, where the housing is atrocious. We've done some preliminary thinking about moving to either Ottawa or Halifax. I personally love the idea of moving to Nova Scotia. We might go there next summer just to check it out. Can anyone give advice about jobs, transit, culture? Bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Thanks for the replies. I do love the sun, but am okay with rain, snow, and fog too. According to the chart at https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Canada/Cities/sunshine-annual-average.php, Halifax has about one more day of sunshine per year than Vancouver.

Also, we really do love getting outside, so it's cool to be near beaches (like we are here, but to be quite honest the beaches here don't have big waves due to the island so nearby and are pretty crowded). We're both avid hikers with the occasional run thrown in.

My husband is in the tech industry, and I've worked at a college for the past six years, but before then I guess I was more of a creative professional--editing, writing, that sort of thing. I honestly don't think we'd consider moving unless we got more of a nest egg and had at least one job sorted out ahead of time.

• Locked thread