Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Mexican food isn't as common in Canada as it is in the States because we don't have that Mexican influence south of us.

ilmucche posted:

How strong is the anti-toronto sentiment in Edmonton? Did any of that change after the economic collapse surrounding the oil industry? How was trudeau's election received in alberta, given it remained conservative?

I'm a fellow Edmontonian and I can chip in. Toronto hate isn't as strong unless you are an incredibly obnoxious Leafs fan because we have so many people from Toronto here who came for work. It hasn't changed much since the economic collapse because they stayed here because the situation isn't much better back home.

Trudeau's election here is a mix because we elected two Liberal MPs in this city so you'll find people that like him just fine and others that dislike him. Calgary and especially small-town Alberta think he's the spawn of Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The conditions on the reserves is why a lot of international organizations ding us a couple of spots when it comes to HDI. Literal third world conditions, no clean water, black mold on the walls, no police unless someone dies and open gang warfare over the open drug market.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Veth posted:

Tell me about Canadian auto insurance rates. I've heard its real expensive compared to the US.

My comparison is paying $2000 US for full insurance in Seattle, on a Prius and a Highlander with two adults with no tickets or accidents.

Clean record, driving on my Class 5 (Alberta) for 16 years now with only 2 speeding tickets in that time and my insurance with Intact is $130/month.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Odddzy posted:

Is Poutine a Québecois dish or Canadian?

It’s from Quebec but apparently a memo went out like ten years ago that it is a mandatory Canadian dish and every food place must serve it in this nation. So you get wildly differing quality with KFC poutine being my guilty pleasure.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Earwicker posted:

what is a good distinctive food of Vancouver or BC?

Anything with weed in it.

• Locked thread