Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Hello fellow Edmonton goon! I've been living here a few years but mostly working from home and hiding from the snow; do you have any specific tips about the culture of Edmonton in general, or specific things I should do and see and eat? I live in the river valley.

Also as someone from the American deep south I can definitely get why Alberta gets called the Texas of Canada.

As far as 'eh' goes, I don't actually hear it that often in the city either so I don't think Nessa is just exposure blind to it. It tends to be more older or small-town people in my experience. Quite different from y'all in the south, as you will find that almost everyone raised says it, regardless of upbringing or social status. The guy at the Taco Bell says y'all, your average college student says y'all, your doctor says y'all.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Nessa posted:

On Saturday mornings, there is also the outdoor farmer's market downtown. It's a great place to pick up fresh veggies and grab a bison burger.

Summer is a pretty good time in Edmonton, I'd say.

Is this City Market? They have a liege waffle place I've had my eye on.

• Locked thread